Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

Before i went last year i convinced myself that id spend loads of time in the calling out tent, sad to say i really didnt make that much effort when i was on site, maybes had something to do with having my wife and 10 year old daughter at their first festivals. More effort will be made this year !

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was gutted when I saw James were playing Wychwood as I'm not in the country then, so fingers crossed eh!

Will be a fab weekend regardless though! I ordered tix in the sale too :) (anyone know when campervan tix will be available?)

Only 7/8months to go!

Edited by mammamia27

sounds like a plan ! the bairns a year older this year so im hoping they explore on their own a bit more, have you managed to get tickets in the pre xmas sale then or are you waiting till the early 2012 offer.

ours arrived last week and have been stashed in the cupboard for safe keeping !

Didn't get any early bird tickets cos we're not sure yet how many we want, and I'm still trying convince a 48 year old festival virgin mate who is the only other Biscuits/Fall/Smiths/Factory fan in the WF8 postcode that its not all rain and blocked toilets.

Must admit I'm a bit twitchy about not having tickets yet, but we need Emperors Field for the extra elbow room, so no doubt I'm have a nervy morning on the internet at the beginning of February.

Just to chuck another couple of bands into the speculation hat, Belle and Sebastian (saw them earlier this year and they were top drawer) and The Wedding Present. B&S nowadays don't tour too much, but if the timing is right they are about the right size. The Weddoes might not be in the spotlight too much anymore, but I love 'em, they've an impressive back catalogue and they have done a lot of the northern festivals over the years

had the mp3 player on random and id forgotten how much i enjoyed the early courteeners stuff, they'd make a great sat night headliner, bout the right size to headline as well. I could imagine the crowd going mental for not 19 forever, acrylic and what took you so long.

seen them live about 6 times, early times were much more memorable ! not sure if theyre touring next year but its a few years since falcon came out so i wouldnt put it past them to do a few festivals next year.

had the mp3 player on random and id forgotten how much i enjoyed the early courteeners stuff, they'd make a great sat night headliner, bout the right size to headline as well. I could imagine the crowd going mental for not 19 forever, acrylic and what took you so long.

seen them live about 6 times, early times were much more memorable ! not sure if theyre touring next year but its a few years since falcon came out so i wouldnt put it past them to do a few festivals next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Always found him a bit of dreary-arse live TBH...

Thinking maybe James as Sunday headliner with Charlatans subbing...Saturday Vaccines or Biffy/Franz Ferdinand maybe (latter 2 are probably a bit too big) Friday...sommat like Prof Green or Example??

Tickets booked...gonna be a corker

Before i went last year i convinced myself that id spend loads of time in the calling out tent, sad to say i really didnt make that much effort when i was on site, maybes had something to do with having my wife and 10 year old daughter at their first festivals. More effort will be made this year !

Will be back for a third year running, had a nose in here after trying to find some info about Optimus alive

I told mates that Example would be the probable Friday headliner for 2012 so seeing others say the same makes me think have not lost as much touch with music (i have though)

Am not overly fussed on headliners, even if Doves were what attracted me to my first KC.

James or Belle and Sebastien would delight me however. Editors too, just going off previously mentioned ones.

With Charlatans being mentioned i'd be happy with them,huge fan, the Some Friendly tour was great, fave gig of 2010 wish i'd been old enough first time round so Tellin Stories would be cool too i imagine, saying that was really disappointed with the acoustic set last year

That said, my personal highlights last year were Molotov Jukebox mid afternoon one day, Hotpots, and the reggae all stars band (proper name escapes me) ... wasnt too well though and missed a few i wanted to see, stupid illness, and had really wanted to see Sonic Boom Six. But goes to show can find things i really like and not know about, which is what kendal has been about for me

she had a great time, she didnt really know what to expect being her first festival plus she didnt know any of the bands playing. Kendals a really friendly smaller festival and it was good taking her. I found it totally different to my usual glastonbury jaunt where its beer all day and out of the tent from noon till 2am or so.

she wanted to watch performers in the mosterous garden, chill out and watch a few bands, and take in a few of the circus acts. not something i would have chosen to do but i felt i saw a different side to a festival for doing it that way.

Id definately recommend taking him, if you can afford the tenner extra get tickets for the emperors field where you can park the car next to the tent so its dead easy to set up, you dont have to carry all your food and stuff. Plus you'll be away from all the young uns running riot in the other fields !

I've gotta say i thought the weather made a massive impact on last years festival, not sure how she'd react to a 4 day downpour !

HapPy nEW YeAr!!!!

Now that 2012 is here i need to start planning where I'm going this year.

Can anyone remember when tickets came on sale last year? I bought mine towards the back end of March after I realised I couldn't do Glastonbury due to family commitments.

Any idea would be great

HapPy nEW YeAr!!!!

Can anyone remember when tickets came on sale last year? I bought mine towards the back end of March after I realised I couldn't do Glastonbury due to family commitments.

Any idea would be great

HapPy nEW YeAr!!!!

Any idea would be great

Yes, last year in was a Friday morning at the beginning of February, think they'd announced a few 'taster' bands just beforehand. I know Blondie accidentally posted on their site and confirmed their appearance a week or so before the official announcement.

I reckon we ought to be a couple of weeks or so away from knowing something at most. Oh the tension...

As alluded to earlier, personally I hope the first announcement is confirming the weather...