Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

Thanks for the reply fella! Yeah really fancy it this year :)

Think Leeds Fest has just become all about getting pissed, I love a good drink but I want somewhere thats more chilled and there is more than just drinking going on.

Very happy with the sound of the real ale tent, love a nice ale. One more question, What time do tickets usually sell out?

Thanks again

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Example are probs just on the boundary of what they could afford as a headliner , I would love to see massive attack but Fridays are always fresh !

Saturday mixed bag I would expect the Inspiral carpets at some point on Saturday maybe same time slot as charlatans last year plus don't rule out Cast.

Example has just announced he is doing 30 fests this year.

Plus if you follow the pattern of previous years T in the park have similar acts on there line up lower down so at the mo I can't see any word on the KC line up until T announces first could be first Friday in march!

Is anyone heading down for the thursday this year ? we went down for the thursday last year and were debating what to do this year, was quite conventient getting settled in and sorted, however there was only really the monsterous garden area open and the lighting at night to that area was non existant. Still considering doing it again this year to stretch the festival out another day or so !

Is anyone heading down for the thursday this year ? we went down for the thursday last year and were debating what to do this year, was quite conventient getting settled in and sorted, however there was only really the monsterous garden area open and the lighting at night to that area was non existant. Still considering doing it again this year to stretch the festival out another day or so !

Yeah...we definitely are. Love getting there a day early so you're all set ready for the first bands on the Friday. Good to just have a nice wander round and scope stuff out.

Plus...I don't think I'd be able to relax at home knowing people were already there enjoying themselves

The timing of this may be good with James. Tim Booth tweeted they'd had a James conference call a week or 2 ago and today we got an announcement of tour dates in the US/South America etc, so evidently they were finalising dates and details etc. They could have also agreed to a number of festival dates as well but unable to announce them as that is down to the festival organisers, so would expect a couple of the festivals announcing in the next few weeks would include James, including KC :)

not the biggest suprise im sure but will definately be one of the big poster names for Kendal Calling -

tim burgess from the charlatans tweeted last night -

Tim Burgess @Tim_Burgess

Last Tim Peaks on Saturday 8am, it's gonna be big - it's been amazing. The real thing will be at Kendal Calling in July - see you there? x

that'll put an early morning smile on your face lippy, sorta hope they play a support role as opposed to headline act.

Edited by ramragon

not the biggest suprise im sure but will definately be one of the big poster names for Kendal Calling -

tim burgess from the charlatans tweeted last night -

Tim Burgess @Tim_Burgess

Last Tim Peaks on Saturday 8am, it's gonna be big - it's been amazing. The real thing will be at Kendal Calling in July - see you there? x

that'll put an early morning smile on your face lippy, sorta hope they play a support role as opposed to headline act.

Edited by Flaminglippy

easy come and easy go on the news then !

i cant imagine hime being at the festival and not playing some sort of set though, im assuming he's maybes taken over a small section of the festival or a tent to use as his own. be interesting to see what comes out about it.

for now i found this story on tim peaks cafe -

http://menmedia.co.u...anchester-store

while I think there's a decent chance of Tim performing at the fest and that's how come he's go a spot for his cafe there, I don't think he's going to be serving the coffee. :lol: