Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

There was a phone charging tent last year in the main camping area I think? I'm going to take a spare battery, cos unless the charging point is next to a bar or a stage I don't fancy wasting an hour or so waiting for my battery light to hit 5 bars.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alreet.

Apologies for the next question - it is ok to officially hate people like me who don't look at the forum from one year to the next and then expect everyone to answer all their questions which could probably be answered if they read the whole thread......

I've read back 10 pages and that's my lot, soz.....

So, sure this has been discussed a gazillion times but the new Emperors Field arrangements? Has anyone any real idea of how far we'll be lugging our gear? Also I've been trying to find a map of the site layout but had no joy, don't expect anyone has any idea if there is one? *addicted to the Glasto Google Earth map*

So the Gulf Stream is moving up and leaving the South with some sun but oop North still a bit wet? Pish and tish, will take more than a spot of rain/sea of mud to dampen us down. See you all in the fields - it's so close now! WAY HEYYYYY!

Alreet.

Apologies for the next question - it is ok to officially hate people like me who don't look at the forum from one year to the next and then expect everyone to answer all their questions which could probably be answered if they read the whole thread......

I've read back 10 pages and that's my lot, soz.....

So, sure this has been discussed a gazillion times but the new Emperors Field arrangements? Has anyone any real idea of how far we'll be lugging our gear? Also I've been trying to find a map of the site layout but had no joy, don't expect anyone has any idea if there is one? *addicted to the Glasto Google Earth map*

So the Gulf Stream is moving up and leaving the South with some sun but oop North still a bit wet? Pish and tish, will take more than a spot of rain/sea of mud to dampen us down. See you all in the fields - it's so close now! WAY HEYYYYY!

At last!!! Just been looking at the official site and the new location of Emperors Field has been announced....it's in Runcorn!

We'll all be driven by luxury coach up and down the M6 to and from the two sites.

Seriously, looks like some announcements are due on the site as the news page has been taken back 6 weeks, with no stories visible after 31st May.

Lets hope.......

Spare battery is the way forward definitely...I had a Galaxy S II and it fitted very nicely in my wallet...at least until I fell over and buggered up me phone. Best thing about the short battery life is by Sunday you don't spend the entire day looking at a sea of backs of peoples hands and their mobiles rather than the bands...put them away and watch the bloody bands, you'll have a much better memory of the occasion than on some blurry, out-of-focus, awful sounding film on a 2'' phone screen.

For those of you that camp/travel/festival a lot I recommend one of these for £8

http://www.amazon.co...pd_sim_sbs_ce_2

basically you fully charge it at home - it then acts as a replacement charger and gives out 30 hours of usb charge - it wont charge things at the same rate as your wall socket but I reckon you get 4 charges of an ipod (ie at the rate of charging it from your laptop). Absolute godsend and used mine loads on long flights or at music festivals - especially good for ipods/iphones that you cant get a spare battery.

There's a more powerful one that does a bigger voltage for laptops and does 60 hours but its £70

Edited by Jonjo

I got really lucky there...was sitting outside the Calling Out when they came on so caught the whole set...

Its times like that that make festivals so special...Lee Mavers has apparently only done a handful of gigs in ages...

How many people arent doing fancy dress on Saturday?

Weve left it to the last minute again!!

The ideas either cant be made in time or we cant afford costumes.

Just hoping we arent going to be the only sad sacks there not in fancy dress

Looks like they've been jiggling round with the stages again...Catfish and The Bottlemen have moved to first on the House Party on Saturday...excellent news, wanted to catch these guys so now looks like a clash is less likely.

For those of you that camp/travel/festival a lot I recommend one of these for £8

http://www.amazon.co...pd_sim_sbs_ce_2

basically you fully charge it at home - it then acts as a replacement charger and gives out 30 hours of usb charge - it wont charge things at the same rate as your wall socket but I reckon you get 4 charges of an ipod (ie at the rate of charging it from your laptop). Absolute godsend and used mine loads on long flights or at music festivals - especially good for ipods/iphones that you cant get a spare battery.

There's a more powerful one that does a bigger voltage for laptops and does 60 hours but its £70

Pretty similar to what we have for charging our phones, still prefer the spare battery routine tho, think ive tried every other way and that was the easiest

Edited by Flaminglippy

Just been looking at the revised lineup - main stage Sunday looks a bit light with the removal of The Lightning Seeds (now only 6 bands listed) when you compare it the Friday & Saturday - last year there were 8....surely there has to be something else?

Just been looking at the revised lineup - main stage Sunday looks a bit light with the removal of The Lightning Seeds (now only 6 bands listed) when you compare it the Friday & Saturday - last year there were 8....surely there has to be something else?