Coachella Accommodation

Guest neatneatneat

Thinking of heading over the Coachella for the first time next year but, at the moment, we can find no accommodation available for either of the weekends of the festival which forces you into phenomenally expensive 3 day ticket and accommodation deals which work out that you are paying about £280 per night for the cheapest accommodation!!!

Does anybody know if there's any reasonably priced accessible accommodation that doesn't get snapped up by Valley Music Travel and sold on at extortionate prices??

• 1 month later...

Unless you book your hotel room or reserve a condo a year in advance and before the lineup dates are officially announced, you will not be paying a fair price for off-site accommodation, if you can even find it at all. Are you trying for weekend 1 or 2 or both? I'd recommend just roughing it and camp; it's cheaper and you won't be stuck in traffic for what could be hours.

Also, be sure to buy your pass the minute they go on sale, especially if you are getting one with camping access. For 2011, the camping passes sold out within a day and the regular festival passes were gone in a week. In the past, people could buy their festival tickets and camping passes separately, but since people were scalping camping for hundreds of dollars the last two years, camping now must be purchased with the ticket itself and was listed as non-transferable in the presale.

Good luck! If these Radiohead and Pulp rumors actually come true, I am going to be an extremely happy camper.

• 2 months later...

I live in Orange County and will be going out solo. It will be my first Coachella, but I'm happy to help out with any advice I can offer. Maybe even a ride share out that way?

I wimped out and booked a hotel, but be aware there is a shuttle service into the festival from a few locations.

I bought a shuttle ticket from the Tennis Garden, which has a large parking lot I can leave my car in and avoid the traffic into the lots each day.

We completely wimped it and bought one of the packages which include tickets, accommodation and shuttle. They work out pricey but it meant we could get our flights etc sorted out back in September and are now not sweating on getting tickets. Now the lineup is out I'm glad we did. We're gonna be in Vegas and LA the week prior (we're going on the first weekend (13th). Would be interested to hear from other folk travelling from blighty.

sorry for repeating myself, I put this in another coachella topic, but it cover accomodation and a few tips you might find useful if you havent been

___________________________________________________________________________________

We have accomodation based in Palm Springs that sleeps 6.

3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms garden, pool, towels, barbque, works out cheaper than a hotel if there is a few of you..check it out here http://www.facebook....2812209?sk=info

$ 325.00 per night with a 3 night minimum (4th night free) for holiday and special event weekends, i.e. Coachella, White Party, Dinah Shore, Stagecoach etc.

$1,375.00 per week

$3,395.00 per month

$500.00 Refundable Security Deposit

$100.00 Additional Refundable Pet Security Deposit

$150.00 Non-Refundable House Cleaning Fee

The pool can be heated for an additional fee, upon request.

The run to Coachella is pretty quick, our place is near both highway 111 [has traffic lights, can take 40 minutes] and the I10 [motorway which get you to indio in 20, and just a straight run off from there] is also easy to get to from ours - the hold ups happen more around the immediate access to the festival site. security is mental. We went last year but was apparently it was the quickest it had ever been. We got from front door to festival in 90 minutes, which was great.

Picking up tickets if you are coming from abroad - get there early!...we got there 8.30am and it was quick, later in the day queues build up and you dont want to be queuing in 95 degree heat. The pick up point [last year anyway] isnt anywhere near the festival site. If you order VIP and preferential parking, make sure they put the permit in the box...they left our parking permit out last year and we had to drive back nearly 10 miles to go pick it up from the ticket collection point. its an actual sticker for your car. we found the ticketing thing last year really disorganised and the kids behind the counters dont have the knowledge of what is going on generally, we asked specifically about the parking permit and said the piece of paper [receipt] was enough...it wasnt!

Make sure you bring your ID when you get to festival site...you have to be over 21 to drink and it doesnt matter is you are in your 40s like us - no ID, no drinkies!

Drinking is confined to designated chain linked fenced off drinking areas, no drinking in the arena area....they are really strict on that.

Bring a hat! it hit 100 on the saturday last year, but if they havent watered the polo field, its bearable cos its a dry heat. it cooler on the sunday but was humid which completely drains you.