NFL

Ed209

I didn't miss out then by missing the game on tv?

It will also be my first time at new Wembley. Went to old Wembley twice to see Newcastle lose the fa cup final.

:lol: not really! I gave it 20 minutes or so but went back to Red Zone. (Kept it on the background as some sort of show of support for more NFL on C4 :P)

Your going have a great time! I went last year for 49ers vs Jags and while the it wasn't exactly a master class of an NFL game. The whole weekend was very enjoyable (went to the trafalgar square stuff the day before), felt quite the event! Not sure if they are still planning to have the "tailgate" party before the Falcons game as its early but it was good fun to kick about drinking and eatting food before hand.(They had grillstock there :D).

Plus Wembley is very impressive to be inside for the first time!

Going to the Cowboys Vs. Jags game this year, hoping the actual game will be better as it should be closer!

On the season, consistency has been a massive ballache for me for fantasy football, everytime I swap players out for others they seem to reverse fortune! Annoying as hell!

Hoping the Patriots go on a nice winning run before the Broncos and the O Line get it fully together. (Haven't got round to watching the Bengals game yet, so not sure if it was the Patriots getting back to the normal or the Bengals being poor.

Going to the Cowboys Vs. Jags game this year, hoping the actual game will be better as it should be closer!

On current form Romo will rip the Jags a new one and it could be all over by half time. But it is Romo. By half time he could have thrown 2 pick 6s! ;)

Hoping the Patriots go on a nice winning run before the Broncos and the O Line get it fully together. (Haven't got round to watching the Bengals game yet, so not sure if it was the Patriots getting back to the normal or the Bengals being poor.

As you are a Patriots fan I would be interested to see how you feel/react about how Brady reacts in this game, and I dont mean his performance, I mean his animations

Yeah it will define the season...

Laying an egg while the Cowboys dominated the Super Bowl Champs in their house must leave you fearing for next weekend!!! It could be ugly...........

On a lighter note, check out this ball boy being a bit naughty over the weekend! Oops! Didnt think there may be a camera looking at him?

panthers-ball-boy-2.jpg

Edited by ThomThomDrum

How about dem Cowboys!?! Rather smugly picked that result in my picks league too

They're running the ball like a team possessed right not, Murray is in MVP form. Who would have thought the two best records in the NFL at week 6 would both be in the NFC East.

Also going to the 'boys jags game at Wembley. Although I'm going to be cheering for the cowboys I don't want a blowout. Saying that - a decent rule for Cowboys games over the last 4 or 5 years is if on paper they should win it they'll probably lose it, and if on paper they should lose it then they'll go win it

Haven't really been on this forum for the last few months, whats been going on in here?!

Went to the Dolphins "@" Raiders wembley game, it was amazing for me as it was my first NFL event AND got to see my Fins crush the Raiders :yes:

Also have tickets for the Cowboys @ Jags game, going with a cowboys fan so I'll be cheering them on for the day.

Who would have thought the two best records in the NFL at week 6 would both be in the NFC East.

No one, but dont forget about the Chargers. 5-1 also. Won the last 5 in a row, also. Beat the Seahawks..........also.

Both the Chargers and the Cowboys, if recent history is anything to go by, could fall apart, however............

Thing that impresses me is the balance the Cowboys have shown and the poise Romo is displaying (especially the last two games. But lets not forget they still nearly lost to the Texans and a Rams team with no QB. Yet what they did on Sunday was seriously impressive

And with the Chargers the ability to win when they are pretty banged up on the injury front is very impressive. But their run-in is a whole lot tougher than the likes of the Cowboys. Broncos twice, Chiefs twice, Pats 49ers, Ravens...........ouch!

You've gotta wonder how they'd get on without Murray though...

Yeah you can wonder that, but I dont like that kind of thinking TBH. All NFL teams have a handful of very very key players who when out make the team look like a shadow of their former self. For most (if not all) its simply a case of take away the QB.....Teams that rely heavily on play action or TOP you simply have to take away their RB. Old school teams who have some form of "defense is the best form of attack" mentality are only 1 or 2 key defenders away from being exposed on a weekly basis

Sure look what happened in Green Bay last year. Both Matthews and Rodgers go down and the only reason they get to the playoffs is because the Lions and Bears choke it big time and Rodgers gets back to beat the Bears in a "win and in" regular season ender

Most teams would not get on very well if you take out their star players

So looks like the Patriots (unfortunately) scraped a win against the Jets last night. What should it be, Rex out? or Michael Vick in?

Personally, I think Geno should be dropped and to bring Vick in. There's alot going round saying that Rex should be axed, but I cant help but like him. I've also never really liked Geno Smith and think that Vick deserves another shot starting in the NFL before either him or Rex is dropped.

Vick looked poor when he came in recently but that may be down to the number of reps he is getting during the week currently. I loved looking at him a few years ago when he was on fire for the Eagles but I am of the current train of thought that he is effectively done as a starter and he is an OK back up.

I think Geno has more up sides with the number one being he is young and can learn a lot more. He is of the new mould of QBs which can prove to be very effective these days in the NFL. His ability to extend plays, scramble, run the ball etc makes him very dangerous. The Jets staff just need to ensure they coach the best out of him and encourage him to learn, evolve and mature quickly. Does he have access to the right support and coaching in NY? I personally dont know. They seem to be a franchise in constant flux and thats not good for any young QBs prospects in a franchise. They need stability, time and trust. Qualities that dont often exist in professional sport, and especially an NY based NFL franchise that is always searching for instant success.

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Might need a kicker to? :P

Ah for Folk sake!

Bit unfair TBF, it was a long try and they tend to be easier to block.................

The fact that the Jets were a long FG try away from winning the game says a lot more about the Pats to me if im honest. They were showing something the last two games but to not put the Jets away this year convincingly irrespective of "rivalry" should be a concern to them I reckon. The Pats have a nasty stretch of games now. But 3 on the bounce is 3 on the bounce I suppose.

Ah for Folk sake!

Bit unfair TBF, it was a long try and they tend to be easier to block.................

The fact that the Jets were a long FG try away from winning the game says a lot more about the Pats to me if im honest. They were showing something the last two games but to not put the Jets away this year convincingly irrespective of "rivalry" should be a concern to them I reckon. The Pats have a nasty stretch of games now. But 3 on the bounce is 3 on the bounce I suppose.

:lol:

Its a fair point, but you don't need to win convincingly, you just need to win sometimes and it may have been just the Jets were more up for it with thier loses and the pats not being at their best. From the few plays I saw this morning, the first half wasn't at all bad for the Patriots. So thats something.

Will get to the conference championship game again though, I am sure of it.

Edited by LondonTom

Will get to the conference championship game again though, I am sure of it.

Currently I would rate the Broncos, Colts and Chargers above the Pats. Chargers have a way of falling apart come Playoffs, but either way I personally dont think the Pats get to the AFC game this year. I think it could be the Colts and Broncos.

The next 6 games for the Pats will be the stretch to prove that right or wrong I reckon, with the next game V the Bears probably the "easiest" of that stretch

The Cowboys look absolutely ridiculously good at the minute.

They do look good but I would defo not go OTT on that just yet. I actually thought they would do better against the Giants, but a win is a win. Murray is outstanding at the moment and his play and that OL are allowing Romo to to hit a higher gear than he could before. The big surprise I suppose is how well that defense is playing at the moment.

Their schedule on paper for the last 9 games looks pretty easy for them and I see them going about 12-4. But I would still feel that when it comes to squeaky bum time in the Playoffs they could blink. It is Tony Womo after all.

Oh don't get me wrong I know if they reach the play-offs they're more than likely to flop, just saying at the minute they look so solid on both sides of the ball. They will be SO hungry for the win against the Redskins next week, its always my favourite game of the season (that doesn't include the Fins of course).

Ah there is no "if" regarding them getting to the Playoffs now. If the Boys dont get to the playoffs off the back of this start then Garret must go.

Next weeks Cowboys game should be an ugly lopsided affair.

Its the games against the Eagles, Colts and Cards that will be interesting to see how Dallas do. They will give a real indication to how Dallas may fair in the Playoffs.

I'm reluctant to say they will make the playoffs, because it could all go tits up yet, but they look a very strong team at the minute, IMO the biggest test for them has already been and gone what with going and getting a win at Century Link. I honestly don't think they'll have a problem with the Eagles, but Colts and Cardinals will be tough. I was under the impression before the season even started that if they didn't make play-offs this season that Garret was out.

Also I've just noticed it hasn't been mentioned on here yet, about Harvin going to the Jets?! thats a big move, apparently due to Harvin not getting on with Wilson.

I'm reluctant to say they will make the playoffs, because it could all go tits up yet, but they look a very strong team at the minute, IMO the biggest test for them has already been and gone what with going and getting a win at Century Link. I honestly don't think they'll have a problem with the Eagles, but Colts and Cardinals will be tough. I was under the impression before the season even started that if they didn't make play-offs this season that Garret was out.

Also I've just noticed it hasn't been mentioned on here yet, about Harvin going to the Jets?! thats a big move, apparently due to Harvin not getting on with Wilson.

I was well impressed with the Cowboys V Seattle, however if the "QBless" Rams can beat them they may not be the force we think they are even if they did start the season with an impressive display against GB. Also there was no expectation on the Cowboys against the Seahawks in reality before the game. No one would have blinked had they lost and Im sure if they got spanked good and proper not an eyebrow would have be raised.

Going forward there is an expectation on Dallas and thats when pressure can mount. Will they be able to deal with that? It will be a lot of expectation considering they are "Americas team".

The Eagles will surely put up a better fight than the Giants (and that was only 10 points in the end) and they will both be vying for top spot in the NFC Eastso those games will be huge and very much pressure filled.

As for Harvin there must be some hate there! To go from the SB Champs the the NFL Chumps! Could be a career ending move