Which Festival?

Guest Curtmeister

Have my eye on Brownstock which is very soon, never been but the line up seems ok and again its only local.

I've been thinking I might introduce my daughter to the festival experience but V is definitely not the place...I've seen things that she doesn't need to see yet. I have looked at the Hop Farm one and I think last year there were some free day tickets available.

I tend to enjoy the smaller festivals but if you want guitar bands where the crowd is good, there is a good atmosphere and there are big names then have a look at Sonisphere. Don't know if that's a bit heavy for what you are looking for but I thoroughly recommend.

Exactly the same here. After discovering a few smaller festivals over the last few years I don't think I will bother with the big ones any more. Y Not festival and Strawberry Fields festival are the best fests I've ever been too. They are organised so well and the atmosphere is just amazing, they are everything a fest should be :)

Edited by gjammer

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped doing V 2/3 years ago (for some of the reasons you mentioned)...done IOW and Kendal Calling since...IOW's OK, same kinda size as V but fewer knobheads, generally the line-up are worse though (nowhere near as much choice). Kendal's the one though...great crowds, great line-ups, real ale, lovely setting...perfect. The organisers are really friendly, actually respond to comments on their FB page, they actually still run it like a festival rather than some massive corporate marketing machine. The headliners aren't the level you'd get with the likes of V/IOW etc but they're normally decent and the new band stage has some absolute corkers on. The Cribs were phenomenal this year

Edited by Flaminglippy