Why are Glasto goers such slobs?

Guest grumpyhack

I've just returned from the delightful Croissant Neuf Summer Party where I stewarded and that experience plus another small festival in July really brought into sharp focus what a load of slobs there are at Glastonbury.

At the end of an afternoon session in the main tent my job was to do a litter pick. And there simply wasn't any litter. No one had left a can or a glass (biodegradeable plastic before someone jumps on that word).

It was the same all round the site. People sorted their litter and put it in bins and the site and toilets stayed clean pretty well the whole time.

That's such a contrast with Glasto. I'm not sure why. There are lots of comments about people wanted to just get wasted at Glasto on some of these threads but I don't think that's the only reason. Any thoughts from anyone?

I've just returned from the delightful Croissant Neuf Summer Party where I stewarded and that experience plus another small festival in July really brought into sharp focus what a load of slobs there are at Glastonbury.

At the end of an afternoon session in the main tent my job was to do a litter pick. And there simply wasn't any litter. No one had left a can or a glass (biodegradeable plastic before someone jumps on that word).

It was the same all round the site. People sorted their litter and put it in bins and the site and toilets stayed clean pretty well the whole time.

That's such a contrast with Glasto. I'm not sure why. There are lots of comments about people wanted to just get wasted at Glasto on some of these threads but I don't think that's the only reason. Any thoughts from anyone?

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

Not just Glastonbury but the bigger festivals in general. I think it's just that alot of people are selfish c**ts with no care for those around them and no care for the festival they're atttending. Smaller festivals tend to draw a crowd that is more into going to festivals and therefore are more caring for their environment. I would imagine the majority of users on this site would be the kind of people who don't drop litter and who don't leave all their shit behind as we realise what happens when you do whereas alot of people going to big fests have the attitude of "why should I bother?" which is a disguating way to think and a sad way to live your life.

Not just Glastonbury but the bigger festivals in general. I think it's just that alot of people are selfish c**ts with no care for those around them and no care for the festival they're atttending. Smaller festivals tend to draw a crowd that is more into going to festivals and therefore are more caring for their environment. I would imagine the majority of users on this site would be the kind of people who don't drop litter and who don't leave all their shit behind as we realise what happens when you do whereas alot of people going to big fests have the attitude of "why should I bother?" which is a disguating way to think and a sad way to live your life.

Don't fear that you're going over all right wing because you get angry or upset about people being slobs. I don't think concern for the way our society either is or may be going is the province of the right. Nothing wrong with concern. The difference between left and right lies more in the suggested solutions.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

There is also the "Follow the herd" mentality. If lots of other people are leaving litter, then it becomes the norm rather than the exception.

I found Bestival to be far worse than Glastonbury, the state of the campsites on the Monday was atrocious, so many people who couldn't be bothered to pack up. There were several tents which had been unpegged and left to blow in the wind. I even had to dodge a few flying tents whilst driving out of the car park.

But at the end of the day GH (can I call you GH?) most of the recycling and all that crap happens at home is because we are forced to by the local councils. Therefore Glastonbury is representative of Anarchy which is along the original goals QED!!!

f**k next time I will prove God is a Paedophile

It was the same all round the site.

At big chill i thought cup collecting occupied the kids pretty well but big chill is small enough for kids to wander about without getting lost.

I have to say that at V a few years ago i found that i could finish watching an act, wander to the bar cup collecting on the way, and by the time i gt to the bar i had anything from £3-£10 worth! No extraordinary effort saved me a fortune.

What amazes me is that some people go to Glastonbury thinking that its a blissful, crime free, twat free haven of peace and tranquility.

Sorry peeps, its a cross section of society like anywhere else I'm afraid who's attendees can amaze and infuriate in equal measures. Personally I think its disgusting walking across the large arena areas first thing in morning, seeing she-pees, filled bottles of piss and other intimimate personal items amongst all the other rubbish thats strewn about. Thats a society thing, some people have lesser standards than others. Whats to be done about it? phew, now theres a question that could quite possibly take you to the riots and back again. However I know it will not happen overnight.