Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not moaning about the line up there is enough bands that I will enjoy, but you look at nearly all festivals across the world, even the metal festival they are running on the same site the weekend after Beni and they have already announced the head liners! It just feels disjointed and as if they are winging it through and booking bands as they sell a few tickets!

And Ed Sheeran can fuck right off!

Edited by agould

https://twitter.com/#!/fiberfib/status/179531165831675904/photo/1

Ed sheeran is shit, i'm not going to deny that. However there are over 20 acts that i want to see on there. It is a decent line up.

I'm just hoping for Justice then quite a large headliner, then i imagine people might stop complaining-you have to try and look past the top of the bill.

so many complainers, if you dont like it, dont go simple really. Such a good selection of bands and acts that im looking forward to and a good possibility that there will be several larger bands added soon as well. The way i see it is announcing the smaller bands now leaves more chances for a bigger act to be named in the near future.

so many complainers, if you dont like it, dont go simple really. Such a good selection of bands and acts that im looking forward to and a good possibility that there will be several larger bands added soon as well. The way i see it is

announcing the smaller bands now leaves more

chances for a bigger act to be named in the

near future.

The problem is many ppl have already bought flights tickets and accomodation based upon the strength of the line up the last few years. And unfortunately this lineup doesn't match up to previous years so far. All the announcements have been a bit of a let down and don't compare to many other European festivals so far

so many complainers, if you dont like it, dont go simple really. Such a good selection of bands and acts that im looking forward to and a good possibility that there will be several larger bands added soon as well. The way i see it is announcing the smaller bands now leaves more chances for a bigger act to be named in the near future.

Well you're a moron then. If you want to go to a festival which delivers a strong line up every year go to the ones you listed, but beni's about more than just the music. It's a week away in some of the best weather with a very good crowd of people, the cold beers the all day spent on the beach and the overall expierence which gets topped off by some of the worlds best music acts. I never imagined I would get the chance to see the stone roses but beni has pulled them out so don't moan, I'm happy with a lot of the acts already named and I think I speak for several people in saying that.

Hey guys,

First post, been following this forum for a while (good insights and has given me a good laugh!)

I'm looking forward to it no matter what, I've been a few years on the bounce now so know what to expect (and also what to avoid.....)

Anyway, I sent a message to FIB's facebook page a few days back, and what I gather from it is they haven't signed all of the acts up yet.....

• vale, muy bien! Esto significa que todos los actos no están confirmadas? Saludos, Ian

• 174867_122451667802441_1736876772_q.jpg

Yesterday

• Hola Ian, efectivamente, aún quedan nombres por confirmar. Un saludo.

My Spanish is ever so slightly rusty, and interpret that as you may, but I remember last year speaking to them and they were in the process of signing a headliner very late on and failed to do so, which was the reason for The Streets headlining the Thursday.

Oh the Spanish, they are so very casual. Oh the English, we are so very impatient.

Well you're a moron then. If you want to go to a festival which delivers a strong line up every year go to the ones you listed, but beni's about more than just the music. It's a week away in some of the best weather with a very good crowd of people, the cold beers the all day spent on the beach and the overall expierence which gets topped off by some of the worlds best music acts. I never imagined I would get the chance to see the stone roses but beni has pulled them out so don't moan, I'm happy with a lot of the acts already named and I think I speak for several people in saying that.

I don't want to keep being negative, there are actually a few acts i'm looking forward to seeing (The Stone Roses in particular), and yes I am looking forward to being by the beach, in the sun for a week. However, the main reason i bought a ticket was because of the consistently high profile headliners that the festival has been able to attract in past years. Maybe my expectations were too high, but this year... seriously... Ed Sheeran, David Guetta, Dizzee Rascal etc? Why?!? Has anyone else noticed how this line up is becoming increasingly similar to that of V Festival? It really wouldn't surprise me at all if the next announcement we get a few more of the likes of Olly Murs, Nicky Minaj and Rizze Kicks.... :/

Edited by philly_eds

Personally I've chosen to go to Beni instead of Reading this year, decided this before the Reading line up and I'm still very happy with the decision I've made. At Beni, there's Stone Roses, New Order, Noel and De La Soul, and also smaller bands who I haven't seen before like Kurt Vile and now Django Django whereas at Reading, based on the fact I've been every year since 09, the only bands who I'd want to see and haven't seen before are The Cure and The Black Keys. Yes, I accept that there is quite a bit of mainstream at Beni this year, but there's still a decent amount of other stuff which is my sort of music. I think that once the line up gets split into separate days it won't look so bad as long as there a good alternatives while the likes of Ed Sheeran are on

I don't want to keep being negative, there are actually a few acts i'm looking forward to seeing (The Stone Roses in particular), and yes I am looking forward to being by the beach, in the sun for a week. However, the main reason i bought a ticket was because of the consistently high profile headliners that the festival has been able to attract in past years. Maybe my expectations were too high, but this year... seriously... Ed Sheeran, David Guetta, Dizzee Rascal etc? Why?!? Has anyone else noticed how this line up is becoming increasingly similar to that of V Festival? It really wouldn't surprise me at all if the next announcement we get a few more of the likes of Olly Murs, Nicky Minaj and Rizze Kicks.... :/

Ive been waiting an eternity for this announcement.....Ed Sheeran! By the sounds of the forum sounds like he may be playing to an empty crowd

Line up is ok now, not great, just ok. Im happy with chase n status, missed them last year, everyone i spoke to said they were awesome and like ive said before, a good bit of dance/drum&bass/dubstep is all you need at 3am!

A bit premature, but, WHEN IS THE NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT?!

Ive been waiting an eternity for this announcement.....Ed Sheeran! By the sounds of the forum sounds like he may be playing to an empty crowd

Line up is ok now, not great, just ok. Im happy with chase n status, missed them last year, everyone i spoke to said they were awesome and like ive said before, a good bit of dance/drum&bass/dubstep is all you need at 3am!

A bit premature, but, WHEN IS THE NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT?!