Coldplay

Guest The Roses

Nice to see such a positive thread on here regarding Coldplay for once, I'd waited a long time to see them and they didn't disappoint, an outstanding headlining performance I'd say, memorable singalongs, plenty of hits, some very decent sounding new songs and superb light show with the fireworks and lasers, one of the best bands I've seen in the 4 glastos I've been to.

Do you know, I don't think I'm ever going to see Coldplay. My head says I'd love it. People I trust tell me if I saw them live, I'd love it.

The more recent songs are good (by "more recent", I mean "since Clocks", because I am middle aged).

But I have so many negative feelings towards them, because Yellow is so horrible, and when they first showed up they came across as Radiohead wannabes. My heart won't let me embrace them.

And that's why I went to Shangri La on Saturday at 10.

Was not going to see Coldplay but was chatting to security bod manning one of those three scaffold towers & asking what they were for. I had originally thought they were for TV cameras but their angle was wrong. Was told it is a top secret laser show which the band payed for themselves. Whilst very effective, £350k for a 3.5 minutes? Maybe they wanted to out-do U2.

Do you know, I don't think I'm ever going to see Coldplay. My head says I'd love it. People I trust tell me if I saw them live, I'd love it.

The more recent songs are good (by "more recent", I mean "since Clocks", because I am middle aged).

But I have so many negative feelings towards them, because Yellow is so horrible, and when they first showed up they came across as Radiohead wannabes. My heart won't let me embrace them.

And that's why I went to Shangri La on Saturday at 10.

I was there and slightly worse for wear but thought they were incredible. When I woke up the next day I had a hazy recollection of catching an enormous balloon. Since I have got back I have watched the performance on tv and cannot see any sign of the balloons, what song did they bounce out onto the crowd?

Thought Coldplay were unreal, best of the weekend by a fair distance I'd have said. I don't agree that Elbow were more worthy headliners but then I'm not really a fan of Elbow, went to give them ago and not my cup of tea but fairplay to people who did enjoy them.