Special Guests Slot Phone Chain

Guest george424

Hello,

I have thought of a system to let us eFestivalers find out the special guests – so we don’t miss Radiohead or Pulp, or the reverse – miss Morrissey or Elbow for a band you hate!

I’m not sure the system will work because it requires a lot of trust, but it’s always worth a try! The idea is a phone chain, where anyone who wishes to participate gets given 2 phone numbers – which they must call or text when they find out who the special guests are. In return, two other eFestivalers will be given their own phone number, so they will be notified if they don’t find out.

To register (do it quick – I’m limiting the numbers for safety reasons) simply email your phone number and any questions to the following email address I have set up for it; efestivalsphonechain@hotmail.co.uk

This is primarily designed for the Park Special Guest slots – but feel free to mention ideas below of extending it to other special guests over the weekend.

I would love this to work, and have written a few guidlines below.

• We respect that Glastonbury Festivals must be safe and therefore we cannot spread the information of who will be the special guests too far. Therefore, the numbers for this phone chain will be limited, and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

• Also, we require for safety reasons that you do not spread the information too far by word of mouth. If you get a call from someone confirming who the special quests are, pass it on to the two phone numbers you’re given, but please don’t start telling loads of friends or people you meet. Information can spread quickly, and unfortunately this can lead to special guests slots being cancelled.

• Please don’t abuse the phone numbers you are given. I.e. only use them to pass on the special guest information.

• Please pass on the information! Don’t be selfish and just use it to find out the special guests slots for yourself.

• Also, please don’t participate if you don’t wish for your phone number to be passed on to two other people. I take no responsibility for anything that happens because you have participated in this phone chain.

• Finally, please respect the phone chain. Don’t make up rumours or false information. I admit this would be easy to do, but seriously what is the point? You are just spoiling it for other people!

More information will follow!

Edited by george424

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right I see.

My point is if it is an act like Thom and Johnny, or Pulp, it's not going to be mentioned in the morning paper or the official Twitter. So, by doing this phone chain you are increasing you're chances. Anyway, could you please send an email to the address above of the other twitter accounts that may have the info that you can't mention on here please?

With total disregard for my information security, I've sent you my phone number. I think it's a great idea, I'll be there with a phone that won't twitter, and I'm sure many more will be. I found out too late that Radiohead was on last year and I was gutted, and I've been in the park for some fairly meh special guests. Hope it works.

<edit>

I reject the point about not telling friends however, if I thought I could end up with my own private performance then maybe but when it gets to the day of the guest slot they expect it to start spreading - obviously it's not nice not being in the know, and I wouldn't do that to friends if I thought it was someone they'd like to see.

Edited by p.pete

Some Bloke: "Yes, hello? Who is this? Speak up I can hardly hear you... what? Who are you? What phone chain? Oh. Alright. Alright yeah I'll do it right way" *hangs up*

Bloke's mate: "Who was that?"

Bloke: "Oh I dunno, some internet thing I signed up to."

Mate: "What?"

Bloke "Phone chain thing. I dunno. Reckons it's gonna be Foo Fighters on the special guest slot or something."

Mate: "Yeah right!"

Bloke: "That's what I thought. Anyway, who's got the skins..?"

Some Bloke: "Yes, hello? Who is this? Speak up I can hardly hear you... what? Who are you? What phone chain? Oh. Alright. Alright yeah I'll do it right way" *hangs up*

Bloke's mate: "Who was that?"

Bloke: "Oh I dunno, some internet thing I signed up to."

Mate: "What?"

Bloke "Phone chain thing. I dunno. Reckons it's gonna be Foo Fighters on the special guest slot or something."

Mate: "Yeah right!"

Bloke: "That's what I thought. Anyway, who's got the skins..?"