Liam Gallagher: 'I'll never go to Glastonbury again'

Guest poromenos

I just read this thing and i can't stop laughing

Liam Gallagher has has reiterated his desire to never play at Glastonbury again.

The Beady Eye man said he is "never going there again" in reference to the Worthy Farm event, before complaining about the sound and celebrity liggers at the festival.

Speaking to the News Of The World, the former Oasis frontman said: "The sound is shit and really quiet".

"And now it's like Bond Street with mud, with loads of celebrities walking around in their boots and umbrellas. I'm not having it."

Liam's brother and former bandmate Noel has also criticised Michael Eavis' festival in recent years. He said that booking Jay-Z as a headliner in 2008 was "wrong".

The Gallaghers last played at Glastonbury in 2004, when Oasis headlined the Pyramid Stage.

Meanwhile, Beady Eye are scheduled to play at a number of other UK festivals this summer, including Somerset House, T In The Park and Reading And Leeds Festival./quote]

Link

Edited by poromenos

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank f**k - the man is a complete bellend. He's become a complete parody of himself and he can't even see it - probably thinks everything he says is very 'rock star'. But worse than that he can't sing a f**king note and when he tries he just sounds like a f**ktard.

TLDR; I'm not a fan.

Edited by Breeze

I remember an interview with Noel once where he said something along the lines of, "Glastonbury is the only real music festival. All the others are just bands playing in field." I couldn't agree more. When I went to Leeds, there was nothing but the stages, LOTS of people trying to sell you things, and an over-priced fair ground blasting music right near the main stage, regardless of the fact bands were playing.

Also, to get into the section of Leeds where the bands are actually playing, you have to go through yet another gate and through more security, then you get turfed out at the end. No freedom at all. It was chaos after watching Radiohead!

At Leeds they had to put up signs saying 'Please do not set fire to tents'. It's never a good sign when you actually have to remind someone about that!

Glastonbury is the place for me. Better people, more varied music everywhere, and Michael isn't constantly trying to get more and more money out of you (after the ticket price of course that is getting more expensive every years :P)

Liam hasn't got a clue. Probably too busy looking in the mirror.

I just read this thing and i can't stop laughing

Do you think that this guy can be officially crowned as the lady gaga of rock music?

He is making statements only to be mentioned by media...

[/quot

He only had a following when he was with oasis because kids from Manchester thought it was so cool that he made it clear that he did drugs,he cannot sing and dresses like a tramp and thinks he's rock hard,thank f**k he will never be asked to play at Glasto we dont wont piss throwing knobheads at the best festival in the world.

For one, there can't be that many celebrities kicking around. My friends who camped JP all festival only spotted Emma Watson and a couple of artists. I saw nobody.

And is it really a bad thing? It only raises the profile of the festival more. They will have just got day passes/whatever from their record companies/friends and they deserve a chance to have a wander around. If it makes any artists want to play there even more, it's a good thing.

If everyone stopped making fuss about his twattish remarks liam gallagher may be forgotten, cant believe that he still gets a reaction 15 years on...

But yeah gotta say, he is a bellend... But as someone pointed out, he wouldent be able to wonder around anywhere, his version of glastonbury is totally different to ours...

Um . . . its The Sun

Doubt if he really gives a toss either way tbh. That its full up with media luvvies (backstage anyway), has sod all to do with whose been booked in recent years; if anything more to do with the extensive coverage and the desire to be cool by association - something I think might even pass in time with a few good wet years ;)