MYHAB

Guest lizzygoespunk

So that's motor homes and now tents? What the hell is going on out there?!?

If Myhab have gone in to administration I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting any money back. The honest punter is usually a long way down the list of creditors. I suspect if Mr Eavis hadn't stepped in you'd be up the creek without a paddle.

Sorry that sounds a bit glum! Good luck to everyone affected. Great to see such positive spirit!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully not!

I did comment to the others in our group last year as to how Myhab could afford everything for the price they were charging. I guess they couldn't in the end. Those shower blocks and toilets were top-notch (for a festival), and they were constantly cleaned. Factor in the farm's cut, the big water system that was in place, and the giant Tipi.

The bad omen was last year not getting refunds until people paid for 2011 bookings.

Just thinking, 3000 people in that field! Is that how were there last year or has he just sold as amany as possible knowing the obvious?

Let me think, couldn't of been more than 100 myhabs last year, then about of about 10 rows of 30 tents? hmmm maybe mis calculated the numbers?

Just trying to imagine what 1500 tents are going look like in that field!! not to mention the car park.

Just thinking, 3000 people in that field! Is that how were there last year or has he just sold as amany as possible knowing the obvious?

Let me think, couldn't of been more than 100 myhabs last year, then about of about 10 rows of 30 tents? hmmm maybe mis calculated the numbers?

Just trying to imagine what 1500 tents are going look like in that field!! not to mention the car park.

I am sure its a slight exaggeration but in the end it doesn't really matter. I will hopefully be onsite about 2pm on Wednesday and will post information as I get it, for anyone there any earlier, if you have the facility i.e. Smartphone please let us know what is going on

I have just to the lovely lady in GTC. I asked about the bedding situation and they are providing sleeping bags and air beds for those who already prepaid for these, but they are not providing pillows.

She also said the security, showers and toilets will be the same, and that there will be a presence on site 24 hours a day as we are not arriving until the Thursday evening.

I didn't ask about the pampering are, bit silly of me because i'm a girly girl, but I bought gas straighteners before the collapse of Myhab.

I have to say that this is my first Glastonbury and am really looking forward to it, and although its still a bit of a hassle Myhab screwing us, at least we aren't in the same boat as the camper vaners. And a huge thanks has to go out to GTC and Michael Eavis for sorting us out, the lady did say that they were building tents as we speak, and 1500 tents are alot of tents to pitch for Wednesday. I think the tent builders deserve numerous crates of Brothers for their work.

I have just to the lovely lady in GTC. I asked about the bedding situation and they are providing sleeping bags and air beds for those who already prepaid for these, but they are not providing pillows.

She also said the security, showers and toilets will be the same, and that there will be a presence on site 24 hours a day as we are not arriving until the Thursday evening.

I didn't ask about the pampering are, bit silly of me because i'm a girly girl, but I bought gas straighteners before the collapse of Myhab.

I have to say that this is my first Glastonbury and am really looking forward to it, and although its still a bit of a hassle Myhab screwing us, at least we aren't in the same boat as the camper vaners. And a huge thanks has to go out to GTC and Michael Eavis for sorting us out, the lady did say that they were building tents as we speak, and 1500 tents are alot of tents to pitch for Wednesday. I think the tent builders deserve numerous crates of Brothers for their work.

I am sure its a slight exaggeration but in the end it doesn't really matter. I will hopefully be onsite about 2pm on Wednesday and will post information as I get it, for anyone there any earlier, if you have the facility i.e. Smartphone please let us know what is going on

She said they were building tents, I was on such an adrenaline rush that i'm not sure if I imagined the 1500. But she did say the team are down there building the tents.

Crazily enough our parking passes arrived today and we are in Ireland and I know alot of the UK folks haven't got theirs yet.

I have a spare one, but like I say am in Ireland.

In regards to the camper van's, one of the companies Sundrive have not honored their bookings either.

So would I be right in saying that we can ask Myhab for a full refund (not that we will ever likely receive anything), as they have paid Glastonbury naff all and still use the facilities as our original bookings are being honoured?

Could be a win win situation? Though the guilt in me would suggest that if I ever receive a refund a nice donation to a suggested charity might be in order.

Planning to get there around 3ish on Wednesday so any info posted will be really appreciated! Will pack own tent as contingency, payed for a tent not a pod but good to hear air beds etc being supplied for those that booked the pods! Sound that the gtc are really going some to rectify this so as has been said before a massive Thanks in advance and a few drinks for this last minute rescue, not sounding too bad