3 month old baby

Guest Aussie@Glasto

Hi there everyone. My partner is from Street, near Glastonbury and I'm an Auissie. We now both live in OZ and have both been to the festival a number of times. We are flying back in June to visit the family and also go to the festival. My question is has anyone been with a young baby and any tips or are we crazy to do it? Having my partner's family so close could mean that we can leave and re-enter the site if need be but I'm hoping we can just stay in for the duration. We are also probably going to rent a camper or caravan. Anyone got any advice???

I took our 4 month old son in 2005. On the Wednesday and Thursday when it was nice and dry and sunny it was fine, and there was plenty of room to push the buggy around.

However, on the weekend when it rained it was a nightmare of epic proportions, all the walkways were full of people who didnt want to move out of the way into the mud which is fair enough, I was knackered from pushing, dragging and carrying the buggy through the mud.

Its really up to you, but I wouldnt do it again

I took our 4 month old son in 2005. On the Wednesday and Thursday when it was nice and dry and sunny it was fine, and there was plenty of room to push the buggy around.

However, on the weekend when it rained it was a nightmare of epic proportions, all the walkways were full of people who didnt want to move out of the way into the mud which is fair enough, I was knackered from pushing, dragging and carrying the buggy through the mud.

Its really up to you, but I wouldnt do it again

took our lass at 10 weeks in 2000 a mentally busy year, and tbf it was easier then (according to mum) then in 2002, breastfeeding made it all a lot easier and a campervan was a big bonus too.

she has been every year since then, a proper veteran now we think!

si

We took our twins to Glastonbury when they were babies (can't remember their exact age at the time)in 1998. It all worked out great.

It was one of the horrendous muddy years as well. We deployed clever tricks like rear mounted baby carriers, and disposable solution bags for their feeds (you have a more natural solution to this issue ;) ).

While everybody else (including us) was covered head to toe in sticky mud, they existed in a blissful sterile bubble. And they slept through the night! - must be the country air.

I wouldn't discourage you - BUT - it does take a bit away from your Glasto experience. Naturally it slows you down, and you don't get quite that sense of freedom and adventure.

Also - you have to work hard on avoiding grubbiness - bearable for us, potentially very harmful for the wee one. There was an outbreak of something nasty in '97 (can't recall what?), although the festival have a good health and safety ethos from what I can gather, but if it rains and churns up then you are basically partying in cow manure for the duration.

ETA - it was e.coli in '97

Edited by whateverman