2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

efestivals is. I know it is. It's a part of what I've set out to do - not in a deliberate sense, but by default.

I won't play the games that they like to play, games designed to mug punters for promoters profits. Marketing is bollocks, marketing is lies. I give it straight and I always will.

Does that upset me? Nope.

Meanwhile, FR have just placed some significant advertising with efestivals. They might hate efestivals, but they know what's what. :)

It's a philosophical question to puzzle the mind keep taking in questions like that it might improve your mind and that sort of discussion shouldn't be had here people reading this want to talk about R&L festival not philosophical brain teasers.

I didn't mean it in an entirely negative way - it was just came across like that. But say you have a surprise present for a girlfriend and someone tells her what it is, you might be slightly annoyed with that person. I can see the positives of websites like this, it drums up free publicity for the festivals which I'm sure they are very happy about. I just simply find it funny how some on here brown nose you a bit.

If people didn't want to know... they wouldn't be on the thread.

I bet there are plenty of people that won't 100% know the headliners. It's easy to find out if you look in the right places, but if you don't want to know, then it's easy to steer clear.

Yes I was going to mention that it has happened in the past but I think the festival has moved away from doing this sort of thing. As the last time they booked a band like that was 07 with Razorlight. I know they like to give acts a step up, but I really don't think it should be Flo with only 2 albums. Another album and maybe, I just wouldn't be happy about it.

Edited by jump

I don't think the fest will have a choice in the future, there's less potential acts to become headlines so do you wait for them to release a 3rd album or take them now when they are big and imo R&L got lucky this year with The Cure deciding to play fests and Kasabian having played everywhere else in the last few years so there was no where else to go. Just look at V, they have Killers on for the 3rd time in 6 years and it's only a 2 day fests.

I do think there are plenty of headline potential bands available. I think that the festival needs to broaden its appeal with a slightly different headliner which will give access to a whole range of new headline acts. While many may not think this right for a "rock" festival I see no problem in having a dance or hip-hop headliner mixed with 2 more "suitable" ones.

I didn't mean it in an entirely negative way - it was just came across like that. But say you have a surprise present for a girlfriend and someone tells her what it is, you might be slightly annoyed with that person. I can see the positives of websites like this, it drums up free publicity for the festivals which I'm sure they are very happy about. I just simply find it funny how some on here brown nose you a bit.

Don't wanna' disrupt your argument, but what about Pixies thrown in as a bit of a curveball? I've seen a few people say they could sub but tbh I couldn't see them taking any slot other than a headline? Or is it pretty much confirmed that foo's, Kasabian and the Cure are headlining now?

There's been a lot of debating the past few days. But whatever happened to The Cure being 94/95% sure they weren't headlining? Whatever happened to Blur being an SR Neil? I'm not complaining, I love The Cure, but I guess info gets misleaded.