2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance in hell of them going down the line up. Last time they played they were 4th (depending on the site that year) and booked 3rd last time and since then they gone on to be headliners of the 2 major rock/metal fests in the UK. They'd be subs at least.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

The Kooks aren't big enough to headline the tent (The Wombats probably are though) and I would be surprised to see them at R&L again. Weezer are too big to headline the tent and I doubt they'd be back round to R&L so soon. Feeder and Fall Out Boy too high, although they haven't been at R&L for a while and that may peak some interest they'd need something to make them appeal to current youngsters to play that high (that's why 30STM can sub; Pulp can sub without being current as they were way bigger than Fall Out Boy). I'd be surprised if Foos and Green Day played the same year. Biffy and Editors subbing looks pretty realistic if they have new material out but I'd expect Bloc Party to be subbing somewhere as well. Foos and Kasabian headlining would make me very happy.

Edited by ellibob198

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. When they were at their peak The Kooks were bigger than The Wombats are now but I don't think there's any interest nowadays in The Kooks from the majority of people who attend R&L. V or Glasto maybe, but not R&L. The Wombats are far more current so I think they'd be higher. If The Kooks did play R&L again I'd put them at fifth on the main stage max, but that's a very big if.

The Kooks are like Stereophonics; they aren't suited to the R&L demographic enough to get a high slot without a decent current profile or exposure. They will at other festivals and other bands will get high slots at R&L without new material because they're still relevant or are still an attraction to enough R&L-goers, but The Kooks ain't one of them.

Friday

Main

KASABIAN

BLOC PARTY (co-headlining)

Maximo park

Maccabees

Foals

NME

Placebo

Delphic

Vaccines

Sum 41