Staggeringly good headliners

Guest borobud

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And very many people who think MCR will be in the tent this year ;)

Drop it! Mcr could headline R/L. If they do, fine I will be somewhere else. If Green Day is above them, fine I will be somewhere else. Completely subjective but of you like TITP, go there. We are aware of 3 bands that will probably be headlining R/L how can you base a line up on that.

For all we know the subs are Elbow, Pulp, and System as a special guest

Paramore were crap last year, the slot was way above them, there sound didn't carry well on the main stage the three bands before them (Cypress Hill, Limp Bizkit & Weezer) sounded much better and tbh all three of them showed paramore up, as well as Blink after them. It just shows that popularity should not be the main criteria when positioning bands at a festival.

I've seen them a few times during their own gigs, 100times better than they were at Leeds, and agreed on the poor sound quality, not sure if it was their fault or not though, is it their job to do it or the sound people/behind the scenes people?

Probably weather & the sound engineers setting up for Blink. I remember at Reading it got pretty windy at one point on the Sunday, marquees & tents were flying around in Purple before we went to go see Limp Bizkit but that was well before Paramore.

Sound engineers shouldn't cock it up as technically there are 2 PA systems running in a sense. 1 system for the band currently playing & another set up the the band sound checking behind the scenes/on next. They play out of the same speaker stacks, so I guess it's a bit like a DJ mixing between the two bands I guess. This makes turnovers quicker, important for festivals to adhere to their licenses & prevents bands over running. So it should have been fine ie Paramore are crap live.

Glad I saw Sub Focus/Magnetic Man destroying the Dance Tent.

I'll just point out yet again that exactly the same things were being said this time last year about Arcade Fire.

There were actually a very large number of people who thought them only big enough to headline the tent. How stupid does that idea look now? :lol::lol: