How much big headliners get paid?

Guest RZA Wu

I was just wondering how much money would BiG headliners get paid you know someone like eminem? Since hes performing this year at both V parks.. how much do you think he will get paid? The conversion rate to dollars would basically double his total amount. No wonder he comes here!

I was just wondering how much money would BiG headliners get paid you know someone like eminem? Since hes performing this year at both V parks.. how much do you think he will get paid? The conversion rate to dollars would basically double his total amount. No wonder he comes here!

I remember when Oasis headlined Reading and Leeds in 2000 they got a million which was huge back then, they also got £250,000 for Gig On The Green which was ran by Mean Fiddler the same weekend.

That's how much the bands that sub usually get paid at R&L, I've read System & Prodigy were paid that when they subbed years ago and Libs were paid more than 3 times that amount. Considering Guns N Roses were the biggest headliner that year and headliners normally get at least a million (even the Darkness got a million so I've read) can't see them being that cheap.

AC/DC reportedly got $4m for download last year. I dunno how true that is, but I heard it from people on here last year, and I also heard it from someone in the music business in the VIP area at download too.

The Levellers are on record as turning down £250,000 to headline Reading in 1992. They were possibly the biggest alternative act in the country at the time. This was in the days before it was a dual site festival.

Since then I'd say that the headliners of all the major festivals have become much bigger status, i.e.: they'd nearly all be considered to be among the biggest pulls in the world. Add to that they all have increased capacities and relatively more expensive tickets, and the value of money doubles roughly every 20ish years, it should be no surprise that the million mark is breached regularly on headliner bookings.