things to buy

Guest guypjfreak

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Self Blow up mats are slightly more padded than roll mats. Blow up beds are beds. I used a mat last year. Does give you a bit of cushion but still hard. I still managed a good sleep on my side. Ciderbus had something to do with it!

Just bought 5x space blankets, 2x waterproof ponchos (... not tempting fate here I hope!) and a tiny rucksack thing to put valuables in before putting in lockups. Tent will be sorted this week, then all ready as far as I can tell aside from booze and food.

An excursion to Poundland?

I went there looking for the emergency shelters but they all seem to be green this year rather than silver, would rather have these than the space blankets (as they are bigger so don't need to be taped together). Has anyone seen the silver shelters in stock anywhere? Have tried the Poundland branches in Brixton, Dalston and Exeter.

I tried a few down our way but again, all green, so gave up and bought them on ebay - cost a couple of quid, but so worth it. have edged them with gaffa tape and made a criss cross net on them with packaging tape, so they're a bit sturdier and maybe stand a chance of lasting more than 1 fest!!

bba0832b.jpg

I've had em all out in the stock rooms looking and everything. They are quite puzzled in there why so many people keep coming in asking for them!!

Still managed to pick up a few handy bits in there tho - the camping light is proper bright and the karabina bungees are wicked. The water carriers and tripod stools lasted us well last year and also the picnic blankets they had were waterproofed on one side so were handy too

Things I bought yesterday and I think I'm reay! New walking boots with Gaters, phone with batteries as don't want to take iPhone, camping chair , wide up torch, everything else I have from the pass. Just need snacks,cider and over bits and bobs witch will buy a few days. before.

Self Blow up mats are slightly more padded than roll mats. Blow up beds are beds. I used a mat last year. Does give you a bit of cushion but still hard. I still managed a good sleep on my side. Ciderbus had something to do with it!

I've had em all out in the stock rooms looking and everything. They are quite puzzled in there why so many people keep coming in asking for them!!

Still managed to pick up a few handy bits in there tho - the camping light is proper bright and the karabina bungees are wicked. The water carriers and tripod stools lasted us well last year and also the picnic blankets they had were waterproofed on one side so were handy too