Bloc Party?

Guest theloveofmusic1

With The Libertines reunion last year who reckons this year will be the year of Bloc Party's return

that would be a very good sub for Muse who are rumoured to have The Prodigy sub them which i doubt will happen with them playing 2 years back and them basically whoring them selves out to festivals.

Also another reunion in Panic! at the disco which i can see with them beginning to release new stuff, people's thoughts?

With The Libertines reunion last year who reckons this year will be the year of Bloc Party's return

that would be a very good sub for Muse who are rumoured to have The Prodigy sub them which i doubt will happen with them playing 2 years back and them basically whoring them selves out to festivals.Also another reunion in Panic! at the disco which i can see with them beginning to release new stuff, people's thoughts?

2006: Arctic Monkeys 2nd headlined the Saturday at Reading

2007: Arcade Fire 2nd headlined the Saturday at Reading

2008: Bloc Party 2nd headlined the Saturday at Reading

2009: Arctic Monkeys headlined the Saturday at Reading

2010: Arcade Fire headlined the Saturday at Reading

2011: ........... :P

Can't see it happening myself. They have played Reading to death over the last 7 years. I count 5 appearances in that time with 3 high main stage slots so it's not going to happen.. not this year anyway. Give it a couple of years for any sort of reunion to make an impact and gather media attention and they could very well headline. 2013 would be my guess.

that would be a very good sub for Muse who are rumoured to have The Prodigy sub them which i doubt will happen with them playing 2 years back and them basically whoring them selves out to festivals.

Also another reunion in Panic! at the disco which i can see with them beginning to release new stuff, people's thoughts?

Bloc Party on the line up would be a great addition. No matter how many times the faithful R/L crowd have seen them, they will always get everyone going and put on a good show.

Even Kele put on a fantastic solo show last year. Would happily see Kele or Bloc Party back at R/L

I would love to see Bloc Party headlining but would they shift enough tickets for Festival Republic to put them up top? I can't imagine them getting a huge crowd as headliners but they always go down brilliantly at Reading. It's not that I don't like them, they are one of my favourite bands & live acts (have seen them 5 times & Kele solo too is amazing), but I don't think they would be commercially viable without the release of a reunion album to play this year.

• 2 weeks later...