Bestival 2011

Guest 5co77ie

Nobody's suggested it yet, but is George Michael not a realistic possibility? He certainly fits the bill that RbD posted, and is due to be touring from October? Fairly left-field, but it would be pretty cool...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I can wait until the 1st! If it's just the headliner being announced on this date (no other acts) then it should be a massive name (maybe even bigger than The Cure).

I am f**king sick of trying to find this thread in with all the other UK festivals.

I don't think it will be - it won't be Prince at least. Think about the budget constraints. It is after all a relatively up and coming festival with an already stellar line-up of great bands. Prince would command a high price.

Oh, and ditto. I've been wanting Bestival to have its own board for a while now.

Vince Power also runs the new London Fleis festival, which Dylan's headlining in June. I genuinely don't think money is an issue in this to be honest, Bestival's sold out so there's no need to sell more tickets.

That said, I'm not saying this to back up the Prince theory, I just don't think that if it's not him the reasons will be financial. I guess we're all clutching at any straws we can and will be doing so for the next five weeks!

Justice would be great

Bob Dylan, only if you have a time machine handy. His live performances aren't up to much anymore

Bon Iver maybe? The "diva" thing could be a reference to his collabs with Kanye West.. that really is stretching the imagination though

Edited by DavidWM

Justice would be great

Bob Dylan, only if you have a time machine handy. His live performances aren't up to much anymore

Bon Iver maybe? The "diva" thing could be a reference to his collabs with Kanye West.. that really is stretching the imagination though

The thing that'd piss me off the most is if they have Blondie headline. I mean, I have nothing against Blondie and I love their early music but it would just be such a lazy booking if Rob already has them for Camp Bestival, and terribly undermining to the festival if they were probably a 5th or 6th choice band in the office.

Tweet from Rob: "Just slipping into my ermine trim spandex leotard ready for the queen prog on bbc2 in a mo..might be some inspiration for my bestival outfit". To my mind this can only mean one thing - he's BRINGING FREDDIE BACK FROM THE DEAD. It makes sense, he'd certainly fit the rock star/pop star/diva description, and is incredibly iconic. I'm off to place my bet now.