Paolo Nutini Headlining Sunday Night!

Guest muffins

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the festival has gained a repuation for being amazing, really caring about the punters, having a great atmosphere and being better than T. i definitely felt it was a lot busier this year and i think they could have reached the point where it sells out without having to book the scraps from T in the park. it just might have taken a few more years. if this is the direction they want to go in to bring in a profit, then fair enough, it'll just be sad if rockness turns into a mini T with these lazy bookings.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I guess I expected a make weight on Friday and if Paolo had found himself headlining the Friday night then, well I guess his popularity and commonality would have swung it. Kasabian should have played Sunday, but could not given IOW commitments. Paolo Nutini has not ever been talked about as a headliner at Rockness, there is a reason for this!!! I was waiting for a stand out act, one that pushed barriers and expectation, this does not. It would be good to see the full line up and only then will get a full feel for the festival but that will not happen for several months, in the mean time we will have to put up with posters with Kasabian, Chemical Brothers and er cough splutter splutter Paolo Nutini

I'm not a huge fan of Paolo Nutini but I'm from up north and he's pretty popular here so I'm not really surprised he's been booked. I've just spoken to a few friends about it and I was surprised its actually changed their minds about going - in a good way! So I think he'll be a success.

As for us not so huge Paolo Nutini fans there is always such a great buzz around the festival that I'm sure there will be an amazing dance act on at the same time. I'm actually quite excited about it because a lot of the time at festivals there are great dance acts on but I never get to see them because I'm stuck waiting at the main stage for hours waiting for a huge band to come on - maybe this way I'll get to see more of what I like! :)

Anyway...I'm just excited about chemical brothers woooo! Hey girl..Hey boy...

Absolute pish. Paulo Nuttini is never a headliner nevermind a Rockness headliner. It's an awful booking and however you try to gloss over it there is no denying that this is a terrible booking.

Rockness did have a reputation for booking acts who bare a bit different, the whole festival had a different vibe to the big ones like TITP and Reading and Leeds but with bookings like this they've undone all their good work. C'mon, booking last years TITP headliner and someone who was 3rd down the Main Stage? Pathetic.

Yes it's a business and they have to compete but at what cost? Is it worth losing your identity and with it your original fanbase?

Best line up 2010? The only conclusion I can come to is someone from Rockness copped of with a munter at the festival awards and is afraid to get invited back because they've no chance of retaining their award with this shite.

I'm not a huge fan of Paolo Nutini but I'm from up north and he's pretty popular here so I'm not really surprised he's been booked. I've just spoken to a few friends about it and I was surprised its actually changed their minds about going - in a good way! So I think he'll be a success.

As for us not so huge Paolo Nutini fans there is always such a great buzz around the festival that I'm sure there will be an amazing dance act on at the same time. I'm actually quite excited about it because a lot of the time at festivals there are great dance acts on but I never get to see them because I'm stuck waiting at the main stage for hours waiting for a huge band to come on - maybe this way I'll get to see more of what I like! :)

Anyway...I'm just excited about chemical brothers woooo! Hey girl..Hey boy...

At least a couple of my mates will be happy, they can get away early for work the next day.

My other mate will be happy because she thinks paulo is great on account of the fact that he is 'lovely'. I have no idea what his gigs are like because the feedback only contained descriptions of his hair. But apparently his hair is 'lush'.

Absolute pish. Paulo Nuttini is never a headliner nevermind a Rockness headliner. It's an awful booking and however you try to gloss over it there is no denying that this is a terrible booking.

Rockness did have a reputation for booking acts who bare a bit different, the whole festival had a different vibe to the big ones like TITP and Reading and Leeds but with bookings like this they've undone all their good work. C'mon, booking last years TITP headliner and someone who was 3rd down the Main Stage? Pathetic.

Yes it's a business and they have to compete but at what cost? Is it worth losing your identity and with it your original fanbase?

Edited by Paul ™

I'm sorry but there is no way anyone will persuade me that Paulo Nuttini is the right headliner for this festival. The headliners set the tone for the whole fest as they have in previous years.

I also take on your point of there not being enough electronic acts that can headline so there would be repeat bookings, yet other fests who are dedicated to electronic music manage to find three acts every year (I'm not saying all these acts would be suited to rockness though)

As I've said plenty of times, the festival needs to decide what direction it wants to go and if it's a directiuon where acts like Paulo Nuttini are gonna headline then sadly I can't say I'll be too interested.

Edited by rexclark

I don't know what all the uproar is about! KASABIAN, CHEMICAL BROTHERS AND PAOLO NUTINI... Epic Lads to head an Epic weekend! This is going to be such a good weekend with something for everyone! Even for the all the dance fiends out there... The Clash Tent never fails to provide a quality act on the Sunday night!

I don't know what all the uproar is about! KASABIAN, CHEMICAL BROTHERS AND PAOLO NUTINI... Epic Lads to head an Epic weekend! This is going to be such a good weekend with something for everyone! Even for the all the dance fiends out there... The Clash Tent never fails to provide a quality act on the Sunday night!

With all the negativity being said I still think the line up will be good. Maybe due to the shoddy headliners we will get better line up's for the tents.

He also takes on board that the unique electonic acts like Leftfield, Orbital, Daft Punk, Underworld are always wanted by Rockness punters.. but they can't keep repeating acts also.. it's a no win situation as you seen by the reaction that FBS was booked again.

Edited by Festie--Follower

This is complete and utter pish. Paolo Nutini? Really? Kasabian was bad enough but this takes the biscuit.

I'll hold off obviously until the lower orders and tents are announced but as it stands I think I'll pass on my early bird to someone who will appreciate it. At this rate its going to be someone who can't afford a T ticket. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the whole "oh their trying a new direction/they want to sell more tickets/give them a chance" spiel came out when the line-up for the 2nd Connect was announced. Obviously Rockness is in a far stronger position but once you start trying to become A.N.Other middle of the road pop-rock festival your flirting with disaster, especially since its not exactly in the most accessible of places to large numbers of folk.

I think this sums up the whole Paulo Nutini why was he picked situation. To me at least.

Wrote on my fb that Paulo Nutini was headlining nd theres only 2 types of responses. Those that have been to Rockness before and have a selective taste when it comes to music have replied basically slating and questioning the fact why Nutini is even considered a headliner. The other response is 'Likes' from people who have never set foot at Rockness and who's taste in music in generally centred around whats in the charts.