Worst shows you've ever seen.

Guest swede

Sets that were significantly disappointing:

Bob Dylan @ Cox Arena 2004 - pretty depressing

Queens of the Stone Age @ Detour 2006 - In all fairness it was not horrible, but I was incredibly disappointed. Expected them to rock my socks off, and we were bored and left after a few minutes.

Peaches @ Coachella 2007 - The joke got old after about 5 minutes.

Interpol @ Coachella 2007 - Enjoyed them at a theater in 2004, but they cannot play a main stage at a big festival, apparently. The nonexistent stage presence would have been forgivable if Paul Banks' didn't sound so off that night.

Air @ Coachella 2007 - 30 minutes late and they played for 25 minutes. What they did play sounded great, though.

The Chemical Brothers @ Coachella 2009 - If you like the Chemical Brothers and want to dance your ass off to their songs, then don't waste your time with a Chemical Brothers dj set.

Sets that were just plain awful:

Bush @ Hampton Coliseum 1996 - my first concert by choice and they sounded dreadful. Missed the encore and didn't even care.

Steve Miller Band @ Virginia Beach Amphitheater 1997 - So what is it that causes a singer to be unable to keep up with the rest of the band. Gotta love it when the band is on the verse, while the singer is still singing the chorus. We left after 15 minutes.

Sparta @ Coachella 2004 - screamo is synonymous with shit, always and forever

Hot Chip @ Coachella 2007 - Boring beats that inspire one to stand still instead of move and one of the most annoying voices around.

Uffie @ Coachella 2008 - After a few minutes, she disappeared and left some nameless rappers to take over. Apparently she came back out later, but I didn't stick around. I knew it would suck, and I came just for laughs, but didn't even get that.

AWOL One @ El Rey 2009 - He opened for Islands and I almost gave up and went home before even seeing Islands. Yeah, that's how much I "enjoyed" it.

Liars @ every damn Radiohead show 2008 - Seriously, everyone else gets epic openers like Bat for Lashes and Grizzly Bear, and I see Radiohead twice in Florida in May and three times in August and get Liars every single time. It wasn't even abrasive...at least that wouldn't have been boring. The first time it wasn't bad, just not interesting. Then it got old very fast. I fell asleep standing up at the last show of the tour and didn't know it was physically possible to do so until then.

Twisted Wheel @ Glastonbury 2009 - Rubbish

MGMT @ Glastonbury 2010 - Boring. Why has everyone been overhyping the hell out of this snoozefest for the past three years?

Edited by Bort

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Icicle Works at the Guilford Live music festival 2007.

There must have been at least 5 covers - doors/ramones etc.

Ian Mcnab had a right go at the crowd for not bieng lively enough - he kept repeating that he had got up at 7 am to get to the festival, and that this had been vey hard for him.I heard someone from the audience shout "we get up at that time every morning!"

Apart from this - that years Guilfest was fantastic - Jimmy Cliff/Toots/Madness etc.

I heard Mcnabb apologised afterwards.

Never seen a bad gig for an individual artist who i've gotten tickets for but glasto shockers have been :

Kasabian Pyramid 09 - So boring, so overhyped, so dull. Ended up buying some pills and going to see pendulum

Script Other 09 - My friends wanted to go, alas, I said it would be shit as they are shit. I stayed at the tent in Pennards and heard the whole shockingness, and laughed at my friends faces when they came back and looked like they were about to cry.

Gorillaz Pyramid 10 - Just felt so bad for Damon ;(

Bloc Party Other 09 - Utter Shite.

Fratellis Pyramid 08 - Oh dear god. Someone must have seen this also. How insanely bad. I remember just wanting to run away from the pyramid but I was hanging around for KOL.

Massive Attack Other 09 - Love this lads, but soul-less.

thats all very nice.

but

this what your rote yeasterday wich is utter rubish

the only reason you go to a oasis gigg is beacuse

1. You've been offered a ticket and all of your friends or your partner is going. You're not that into the band but it's a day out and you've liked a few songs they've done so you may as well go plus you quite like some of the support acts.

2. To have a mass sing song to some of the biggest songs of the last 15 years whilst getting drunk with friends.

The people who go for the second reason always have a belting time and the rest just have a moan that Liam can't sing and that the crowd is full of knobheads throwing piss. The trouble with big stadium gigs is there's bound to be a piss slinger somewhere (unless it's a Coldplay or Take That) but on the upside the crowd's singing drowns out the singer's voice so it doesn't really matter if they've got a voice of an angel or not.

Ultimate marmite band

Came across Herbie Treehead on circus field at Glasto 2005, maybe it was the cider aswell but happy song was one of the memories of that year. Kept an eye out for him this year and found him on one of the small stages. Never seen a pro performer die the way he did (didn't seem drunk or stoned) started playing songs then was forgetting words, eventually had to revert to happy song for the second time and then shot off stage.

Van Morrison, York Barbican Centre, sometime in the 90s. He came on at 7.30, played for an hour without saying a word, and then his hat fell off (seriously). At this, he left the stage, until a roadie picked the hat up and returned it to his head. But at the end of that song, that was it, without even a thankyou and goodnight. I was home for 9, and my wife assumed it had been cancelled.

Was anyone here in the acoustic tent in 95 when Evan Dando from the lemonheads came on late (basically the previous artists had over-run and everyone had piled-in to see Portishead who were due on just as Evan took the stage?), what a shambles? To be fair to the guy nobody gave him a chance but he didn't take it too well when he was booed off without even being able to complete one song. The quote i remember from him being (as he threw a plastic bottle at the crowd) "you f*ckers think i wanna come play at this limey hippy f*ck-fest?". Priceless. I remember the NME did a review of the storming set that Portishead played after his departure but made no mention of the bedlam beforehand.

At Glastonbury

Suede 2003 - "bounce! bounce!" Jesus Brett, you used to be cool

Twisted Wheel 2009 - shit. Utter utter shit

Kasabian 2009 - thought they were OK before seeing them live

Florence and the Machine 2010 - call me when you've learned to sing love

Elsewhere

Hard-Fi - Manchester Academy 2005

Milburn - Manchester (can't remember the venue) 2006

Simply Red - Manchester Arena 2003, f**king birthday present for my Dad. Horrendous in every way

Stone Roses - Reading 1996

Finley Quaye - Nottingham 1998. Two hours plus, one song anyone recognised. He did get very stoned though so it wasn't a complete waste

Edited by MEGABOWL

At Glastonbury

Suede 2003 - "bounce! bounce!" Jesus Brett, you used to be cool

Twisted Wheel 2009 - shit. Utter utter shit

Kasabian 2009 - thought they were OK before seeing them live

Florence and the Machine 2010 - call me when you've learned to sing love

Elsewhere

Hard-Fi - Manchester Academy 2005

Milburn - Manchester (can't remember the venue) 2006

Simply Red - Manchester Arena 2003, f**king birthday present for my Dad. Horrendous in every way

Stone Roses - Reading 1996

Finley Quaye - Nottingham 1998. Two hours plus, one song anyone recognised. He did get very stoned though so it wasn't a complete waste

Edited by joe1990

Embarrassingly (and cue the insults)........ JLS! I took my gf at the time last year as she liked the album (we have since split up lol). Of a 2-hour set, they spent about an hour onstage - the rest backstage changing clothes with DJs on to fill in the gaps. I could swear if they lifted their tops up to show off some pretty poor 6 packs to 12/13 year old girls one more time, I was going to do a Jarvis Cocker onstage!

Sometimes its good to do nice things for your partners, sometimes its just plain wrong. Big lesson learned!

"Massive Attack Other 09 - Love this lads, but soul-less."

I agree - I had been really looking forward to it. Had thought it would be the highlight of the weekend for me but they just didn't seem "there".

John Peel Stage, Sunday last year. Mate of mine wanted to go so I met him. We left after 20 minutes of pointless lad-rock. They made Northern Uproar and the Courteeners look interesting.

On the other debate going on here though I must have got lucky with Oasis because I saw them 3 times-Sheffield Arena 1995, Maine Road (1st night) 1996 and LCCC in 2002 and they were great everytime

Wonder Stuff Bearded Theory 2010 - totally lost it now as a band. Sound so unlike when they had the full quota of the original group. Wasnt awful just bad, out of time and meh. They were ace the year before at BD.

James at Beautiful Days 2010 - dire, absolutely dire and they dont even have the excuse of losing nearly all the original members like the Stuffies. Tim Booth disappeared up his arse in a flash and the endless monotone monologues didnt help one bit. The tunes were played very half heartedly. I was very disappointed as I hadnt seen the band in 12 years. The bleed from Don Letts reggae set from the bandstand lifted a few spirits and smiles :D