Hurricane Festival 2011

Guest Janesays

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year to Hurricane and Southside as I was working with a band, both are pretty well set up festivals. Unfortunately Southside had a huge downpour the week before the festival so the festival site was one huge mud bath. I had never seen so much mud.

Hurricane is the easiest festival to get to if flying from the UK, fly to either Hamburg or Bremen. For Southside you fly to Stuttgart, catch a train to Tuttlingen and then you can get a free festival bus to the festival.

I will be going to Hurricane this year, it's the best line up for me that I have seen. Arcade Fire, Foos, Blink, Chemical Brothers, Parkway Drive, Comeback Kid and CONVERGE!! Really need to get my tickets soon.

Its a great lineup! Though its strangely looking very like the Oxegen lineup this year - lol.

Wonder will Vampire Weekend be doing the festivals with Arcade Fire again?? Just saw them in the O2...Vampire Weekend were just brilliant!

would love to see Kasabian again too... ah the wish list grows bigger every day!

Edited by Janesays

the parties at the camping ground are a lot more crazier/heavier at Hurricane since many "party-oriented" (?) people from the south tend to go to Rock am Ring instead of Southside. So if you don't want to party all night long and want to sleep during the weekend, you'd better go to Southside, unless it's much more expensive than travelling to Hurricane for you. ;)

• 1 month later...

theres are few of us headin from ireland to hurricane, anyone know the easiest way to get there?

looks like we need to get to manchester then fly to hamburg, no problem on the way there but comin home with the festival hangover would be a nightmare haha, line ups lookin good!

• 3 weeks later...

Unreal Line-Up...

Foo Fighters · Blink-182 · Arcade Fire · The Chemical Brothers · Portishead · Arctic Monkeys · Kaiser Chiefs · Clueso · The Hives · Suede · Kasabian · The Subways · Gogol Bordello · Flogging Molly · Elbow · The Wombats · Sublime With Rome · Two Door Cinema Club · Boysetsfire · Selig · Band Of Horses · The Sounds · Bright Eyes · All Time Low · Klaxons · Eels · Sick Of It All · Parkway Drive · William Fitzsimmons · Blood Red Shoes · Jupiter Jones · I Am Kloot · Friendly Fires · Darwin Deez · Converge · Comeback Kid · The Asteroids Galaxy Tour · Portugal. The Man · Kvelertak · You Me At Six · Warpaint · Brother · Cloud Control · Crookers · Trentemøller · MSTRKRFT · Hercules and Love Affair · Frittenbude · Egotronic ·

Edited by Createur

It usually sells out,. but usually also quite late.

The town is like 2km from the festival side. There are supermarkets selling beer and spirits there, keep in mind you are not allowed to bring glas bottles to the camping though. There's a 25 cent deposit on plastic bottles and cans in Germany, by the way.

At the camping they also sell cold beer (well, if you want to call beck's beer, that is ;-) ) for 1€ per half a liter. In front of the stages it is more expensive.

Also a short fyi, theres not cider sold in Germany. We have something similair called Apfelwein, but it's only sold in glas bottles of a liter, and more bitter than normal cider.

We do, however, sell shandy in bottles and cans, and it tastes better with the more bitter German Pilseners than what you are used to from England. Look for Alster or Radler (or Beck's Green lemon).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello chaps and chapesses.

Me and a few of my work chums would like to go to this festival though it seems ticket zone no longer have tickets (just campervan ones on the site). Does anyone know if tickets can be booked elsewhere or what? It's not sold out already has it?