Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to worry about, this was all forecast.

Imagine if the forecast from Sat had held - raining all day Monday and Wednesday. It hasn't and will not.

Very shortly the sun will be out and working with the wind at removing damage done.

Dry as a bone by Friday. Fact.

Met Office currently says that there will be intermittent showers until about 4ish this afternoon :( but then it will be completely dry (with sun-sheeeeeine) until Friday :) . Friday looks like a bit of a minger (although the rain, at present, is basically scheduled for U2 only) :angry: but the rest of the festival will be dry :D

How's that for a mixed bag?! Hopefully it should be alright by the time I get there tomorrow evening. I'd still rather be there already, though.

I saw the 1.30pm BBC forecast. Dryer this afternoon, no rain tomorrow. Then a high moving in on Friday bringing in high temperatures. They didn't comment on likelihood of rain, but showed a graph with rising temperatures, starting at 20 on Friday and moving up to 26 by Sunday (this was obviously general temp for whole country).

My missus just phoned to say it was a soggy nightmare securing a pitch but the rain's stopped, the sun's out and spirits are high. She's asked me to bring a couple of chairs as there's nowhere dry to park one's bottom. Not sure how I'm going to get 2 chairs, a backpack, a slab of John Smiths bitter, a sleeping bag and my crumpled clashfinder on the 3.15 out of Paddington tomorrow but I'll give it a go.

My missus just phoned to say it was a soggy nightmare securing a pitch but the rain's stopped, the sun's out and spirits are high. She's asked me to bring a couple of chairs as there's nowhere dry to park one's bottom. Not sure how I'm going to get 2 chairs, a backpack, a slab of John Smiths bitter, a sleeping bag and my crumpled clashfinder on the 3.15 out of Paddington tomorrow but I'll give it a go

Tip drink the John smiths as you go... .