Hard Rock Calling 2011

Guest judyblue110

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry:

Damn

Yeah wishful thinking to be honest, but was thinking well the Killers have been quiet of late, so there was a slim chance for them to share the stage!

So still no annoucements for Saturday :(

Edited by JimO

I saw The Killers year before last at HRC on the Friday,they were great.

It's very disappointing though that they can only get a headliner that played there 2 years ago and still no one else added to main stage for Bon Jovi day,maybe it's time to put it back down to a 2 day event.

I was there for the killers too, and they were fantastic. I do understand your point about They only headlined a couple of years ago but, wherever they played I would have gone so it makes no difference to me.

A couple of good support acts please!! Even bring bak the kooks!

Sounds like a last minute rush job they've just reunited to write and tour and their now playing and headlining HRC after Prince was rumored for ages. Looks like he pulled out and The Killers did the honorable thing and stepped in.

This year's festival has not filled me with much hope, late announcements, rumored acts not materializing, and still hardly any acts announced for Friday and Saturday. And with this being a 'special' 40th anniversary festival I think this year has been a very poor show.

Oh and I saw The Killers in 2009 good performance but awful sound and awful crowd, full of idiots who wanted to do nothing but talk and shout throughout and throw bottles of beer at little kids on their parents shoulders - classy!

Think I'll stick to the Sat and Sun - at least I can have a nice sit down on the Sunday!

Thoroughly disappointed, Prince would have been amazing. The Killers are good but come on they were in Hyde Park in '09, and Brandon Flowers has been writing solo stuff for so how is there going to be much different?

Sounds like feeble effort from the organisers

We've had our eye on this festival for a while due to some of the incredible acts they've put on in the past - Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam, for example, but I can honestly say that there is very little here that would make us want to make the journey down to London! :huh:

I was there for the killers too, and they were fantastic. I do understand your point about They only headlined a couple of years ago but, wherever they played I would have gone so it makes no difference to me.

A couple of good support acts please!! Even bring bak the kooks!

Kaisers/James rumoured to Fri or Sat

The Killers are ideal for me....was only taking a passing interest until they were confirmed...ELBOW & COLDPLAY would just make the night perfect from my perspective...

Maybe room for a treat from the 80's.. How about Heaven 17 or the Human League???

Any of:

The Kaisers

Pigeon Detectives

Hurts

Kooks

Mumford and Sons

Any of the above would be nice (trying to be a bit realistic). Would love the likes of Snow Patrol, Coldplay and Elbow but unfortunatly they are all headline bands these days.

Hi All,

Apologies as this is probably a silly question but this year will be my first time at Hard Rock Calling, cant wait to see the Killers!

My question is for the general admission tickets can you just stand anywhere?

Reason I ask is I got 2 tickets last week, then another 3 today for friends and noticed that on the tickets they have different row numbers and seat numbers (guessing the seat numbers just mean a certain section?)

Worried now we wont all be toghether.

Although if thats the case I supoose we could try swapping places with people on the day.

Thanks.

You stand, sit or lie wherever you want. Think the rows and seat numbers are probally just for admin purposes.

Basically it's a big field which until the headliners appear is fairly easy to find a spot to chill out in. Come the headliners

Everyone stands and it gets busy.

Hope that helps.

Dont know if people are interested but on Wikipedia (I know its only Wikipedia and it can be edited), but on the 2011 line up it has for the FRIDAY:

Killers

Kaiser Chiefs

The Gaslight Anthem.

With Jessie J in the Other Tent.

And on the Saturday it has:

Bon Jovi

James

Not sure how true but, who knows

Dont know if people are interested but on Wikipedia (I know its only Wikipedia and it can be edited), but on the 2011 line up it has for the FRIDAY:

Killers

Kaiser Chiefs

The Gaslight Anthem.

Bon Jovi

James

Killers

Kaiser Chiefs

The Gaslight Anthem.

Bon Jovi

James