2011 Line-up

Guest j-j-j-j-joe!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been going through this thread and had to sign up to have a rant...

To the people who are suggesting that the Beasties would be 3rd on the line-up; MCA has cancer, if he makes a recovery (which he reportedly is), they will be very much sought after especially if their album drops and it's half decent. If they play Reading, they will headline, end of story.

Nobody has mentioned Jimmy Eat World, why? Not necessarily headliners, but they'd surely make a great main stage attraction. They're new album has just dropped and it's excellent. Have they played in recent years?

Deftones would be a good shout for the main stage too. New album due imminently and they're meant to ripping stages apart atm.

I imagine one of either the Foos, Green Day, RHCP, Korn, or Linkin Park might feature somewhere over the weekend depending on their own upcoming/recent releases.

I'd like to see Rancid play the main stage as well. Mike Davies has already mentioned in the past that they cost too much money for the lock-up. NOFX played the main this year, surely rancid would attract a similar sized or even bigger crowd?

Mos Def would be an excellent choice, as would the Prodigy.

I thought the balance was good this year between indie/rock/punk/dance. Hope they don't balls it up next year and listen to some of the Hollyoaks watchers on here, bugger off to V. Oh, and please no MCR. There are enough idiots at the festival as it is.

Well yes, basically that is what happens. The Strokes would be the last act on at both fests but Pixies would be classed as co headliners. It happened at TITP a few years back, Snow Patrol and The Killers co headlined but The Killers essentialy headlined. I don't think the Pixies would care that much about what title they got, as long as they got the cold hard cash.