Which bands/artists have you seen live.

Guest swede

Im 28 now, I went to my first gig when I was 15, Ocean Colour Scene at Hull City Hall. Ive been going to gigs/festivals ever since, the last person I saw was Ray Davies at Glastonbury. Can people remember the first gig they went to and tell me the last gig they saw, and if possible do they know everyone theyve seen live.

Heres what I can remember, I think its pretty much 100%

50 Cent

Adam Green

Angels and Airwaves

Arcade Fire

Arctic Monkeys

Art Brut

Ash

Athlete

Babyshambles

Badly Drawn Boy

Beck

Belle and Sabastian

Biffy Clyro

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Blink 182

Bloc Party

Blondie

Blur

Bowling For Soup

Brand New

Bullet for My Valentine

Cajun Dance Party

Catatonia

Chumbawumba

Coldplay

David Bowie

David Gray

Deacon Blue

Dido

Dizzee Rascal

Dinosaur Jr

Dirty Pretty Things

Dropkick Murphys

Easy Star All Stars

Editors

Elbow

Embrace

Enter Shakari

Faithless

Fall Out Boy

Florence and The Machine

Foo Fighters

Franz Ferdinand

Funeral for a Friend

Futureheads

Girls Aloud

Goldie Lookin Chain

Good Charlotte

Gorillaz (1 with Lou Reed ect)

Green Day

Hadouken

Happy Mondays

Happy Mondays

Hard Fi

Hole

Holloways

Ian Brown

Idlewilde

Iggy Pop

Incubus

Interpol

Jack Johnson

James Brown

Jamie Cullum

Jet

Jerry Dammers Spatial Aka Orchestra

Jimmy Eat World

Joe Lean and The Jing Jang Jong

Johnny Marr and The Healers

Joshua Radlin

Joss Stone

Judge Jules

Kaiser Chiefs

Kasabian

Kings of Leon

Klaxons

Kula Shaker

La Roux featuring Glen Gregory (heaven 17)

Lenny Kravitz

Less Than Jake

Libertines

Lightning Seeds

Lightspeed Champion

Lily Allen

Linkin Park

Lostprophets

Macabees

Madness

Magic Numbers

Manic Street Preachees

Marilyn Manson

Maximo Park

Metallica

Morrisey

Muse

Muse with S.Guest The Edge

My Chemical Romance

N.E.R.D

Neil Young

Neville Staples Specials

New Young Pony Club

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Nine Inch Nails

Oasis

Ocean Colour Scene

Panic at the Disco

Paul Weller

Paulo Nutini

Pendulum

Pendulum Dj Set

Pink

Placebo

Polyphonic Spree

Primal Scream

Queens of the Stoneage

Ray Davies

R.E.M

Racontours

Rage Against The Machine

Razorlight

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Reel Big Fish

Richard Ashcroft

Saint Etteine

Scissor Sisters

Skin

Skunk Anansie

Slash

Snoop Dogg

Spinal Tap

Staind

Starsailor

Status Quo

Stereophonics

Sum 41

System of a Down

Taking Back Sunday

Tony Hadley

Tenacious D

Yeovil Town Band

The Bees

The Black Crows

The Charlatans

The Coral

The Corrs

The Courteeners

The Cribs

The Darkness

The Datsuns

The Dead 60’s

The Distillers

The Enemy

The Flaming Lips

The Fratellis

The Gossip

The Hives

The Killers

The Kooks

The La’s

The Music

The Offspring

The Others

The Paddingtons

The Pigeon Detectives

The Prodigy

The Rakes

The Rasmus

The Roots

The Rumble Strips

The Specials

The Slits

The Stands

The Streets

The Strokes

The Subways

The Sugababes

The Sunshine Underground

The Thrills

The Twang

The Used

The Verve

The View

The Who

The Zutons

Tim Burgess

Tony Christie

We are Scientists

Whale

White Lies

White Stripes

Wolfmother

Wombats

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First gig I saw was Buddy Guy in May 1992 when I was 12. First gig I went to sans parents was the Prodigy on NYE 95.

Guilty secret? Dont really have one. Ive never paid for a Sugababes type show.

But Ive seen hundreds over the years. The Prodigy about 14 times for example, Springsteen maybe 10 times and so on. Saw Michael Jackson too.

I have all the tickets still for every gig Ive been to. Have been meaning to make a bathroom wallpaper out of the all.

Which 7 Neil, im intrigued.

Well, I say I've not seen them, but it's possible that I have.

And I can't count. :P

The 'seven' are:-

Adam Green

Cajun Dance Party

David Bowie (am still kicking myself for having skipped him at Glasto)

Girls Aloud

Johnny Marr and The Healers

Joshua Radlin

Slash

Spinal Tap

Tony Hadley

Tenacious D

The Slits

Whale

OK, so i's actually 12 (if I'm right about not having seen Adam Green & Cajun Dance Party [they're the two I'm most unsure of]).

What was the first band you ever saw ?

Preying Mantis I think.

I saw the Sugagbabes at V one year, they were on the mainstage and me and my mates were off our heads with no-one to watch. Its not like Glasto were you can go for a wander about the amazing site, so we wandered over to the mainstage and watched the Sugababes :lol:

Edited by The Nal

First I was taken to was The Who at Wembley arena circa 2000, Joe Strummer supported, I don't remember any of it because I was ill and on medication.

First I went without my dad was Wheatus at Brixton Academy in 2001, I won tickets on an MTV phone in (I was trying to win an X-Files boxset, I lost and wound up with Wheatus tickets) I went with my brother.

First I paid for and went to with my mates was Foo Fighters at Wembley arena in 2002. Cave In supported, they were poo.

First mosh pit was Saliva who supported Stone Sour in February 2003

First gig abroad was Reel Big Fish in Florida in 2004

First recorded gig was InMe at the Astoria in 2005, i can pick myself out on the DVD.

First non festival gig outside of London was Bowling for Soup supported by the Bloodhound Gang, Zebrahead and Army of Freshmen (Oct 2007)

First gig alone was Nightwish in march 2008

I've caught drumsticks from New Found Glory (Nov 2008) and Scars on Broadway (Sep 2008) and plectrums from NOFX (May 2009) and The Offspring (Aug 2009)

To get a full list of bands I would have to consult my wall of gig tickets.

Who did you miss him for? :huh: Rumours of a reformed Smiths in the Bimble Inn or something I hope.

for no one at all - I wandered around site, looking for something interesting. :blink:

I was convinced that he'd serve up a set of new stuff and no classics, and I'd hate it, so I skipped it altogether.

===========

As for crap pop acts ....

All Saints - miming at TitP in 2000.

also 'Appleton' there a few years later ... but no miming that time.

Sugababes

Kylie

Daniel Bedingfield (who is actually surprisingly good! :blink:)

Nelly Furtado (dreadful!)

Jemini

Big Brovaz

Jamelia (just to check if her legs are really that long. They are :D).

Pink

Black Eyed Peas

... and probably more, tho luckily they seem to have faded from memory. :)

Edited by eFestivals

Now 26. First gig, Levellers with my family when pretty young. First on my own Prodigy when around 13, fat of the land tour. Last Stevie Wonder at Glasto.

List.

Legends/Oldies:

David Gilmour (with Richard Wright, Dick Parry & David Crosby, Graham Nash and David Bowie on guest vocals), Neil Young (3), David Bowie (solo show), Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones (2), Eric Clapton (4), Stevie Wonder (2), Santana (2), BB King, Buddy Guy, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John with the Royal Academy Orchestra and Choir (about 130 piece), Fleetwood Mac, Brian Wilson, Prince, The Who, Van Morrison (2), Leonard Cohen, James Brown (2), Herbie Hancock, Tracy Chapman (2), Crosby Stills and Nash, Peter Gabriel, Yes, Patti Smith (with backing band of Silver Mt. Zion, Flea and Adrian Utley of Portishead), Paul Weller, John Fogerty, Jimmy Cliff, Ray Davies, Rolf Harris, Taj Mahal, Peter Green, Tower of Power, Solomon Burke, Christie Moore, Dr. John, The Specials, Blondie, Jools Holland (4), Bill Wyman, New Order, Status Quo, Neil Diamond, The Zombies, Candi Staton (2), Sister Sledge, Geno Washington, Denis Lecorriere (Dr. Hook), Gary Moore.

Rock/Metal/Punk

Muse (5), Pearl Jam (3, including Astoria), Foo Fighters (3, including Astoria), Metallica (2), Queens of the Stone Age (3), Mars Volta (4), Pixies, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins (Shepherds Bush), Nine Inch Nails, Them Crooked Vultures, Rammstein, Deftones, Red Hot Chili Peppers (2), Skunk Anansie, Mastodon, Slayer, A Silver Mt. Zion (3), Incubus (5), Spinal Tap, Silverchair, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Marilyn Manson, Death From Above 1979, The Stranglers, The Breeders, Biffy Clyro (2), Brand New, Grinderman (2), Jimmy Eat World (2), Dead Weather, Pennywise, Buzzcocks, Lost Prophets, Terrorvision, Godsmack, Garbage, Cooper Temple Clause, Black Mountain, The Hives, Reuben, Eagles of Death Metal, Frank Black, Hundred Reasons (2), A, Capdown, Enter Shikari, Within Temptation, Sic Alps, Billy Talent, The Bravery.

Dance/Chill/Funk/Jazz

Faithless (3), Chemical Brothers (3), Prodigy (2), Moby (2), LCD Soundsystem (2), Justice, Bassment Jaxx, UNKLE, Goldfrapp, Portishead, 2manydjs, Air, Zero 7, Royksopp, Lamb, Fat Freddys Drop (2), Michael Franti & Spearhead, Ozomatli, DJ Yoda, Annie Mac, Hercules and Love Affair, George Clinton Parliament/Funkadelic, Errors, Audio Bullys, Mauro Picotto, Dave Pearce, Ethiopiques (Mulatu Astatke etc), Portico Quartet, Herbie Hancock, Buena Vista Social Club (only for 2 songs though), The Perceptions, Red Snapper, Braindead Collective.

Popular/Indie/Acousticy

Radiohead (3), REM (3), Blur, Oasis, Coldplay, Bjork (2), Arcade Fire, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Ben Harper (4), The Strokes, Rodrigo y Gabriela (4), Joanna Newsom (2), Elbow (2), Sigur Ros (2), Pavement , Beck, Death Cab for Cutie (3), Counting Crows (2), Flaming Lips, Bloc Party (4), The Verve, The Killers (3), Kings of Leon (3), Damien Rice (3), Lenny Kravitiz (2), Soulwax (2), Austalian Pink Floyd (2), Supergrass (2), Alanis Morissette, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Scott Matthews (3), Broken Social Scene, Grizzly Bear, Modest Mouse, Regina Spektor, Primal Scream, Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood, Morrissey, Minus the Bear, Bat For Lashes, John Butler Trio (2), Eric Bibb (3), Beth Gibbons, The Levellers (2), Polyphonic Spree, Kasabian (2), Jack Johnson, Manic Street Preachers, Suede, Brakes, Tori Amos, Tunng, Band of Horses, Bon Iver, Gomez, Interpol (2), Jose Gonzalez, Joseph Arthur, Tindersticks, My Morning Jacket, Norah Jones, Raconteurs, Tom Vek, Amadou & Mariam (2), Good Bad & the Queen, Mew, The Music, Turin Breaks, Low Anthem (2), Martha Wainwright (3), Devendra Banhart, Rufus Wainwright, G Love and Special Sauce, The Dears, Idlewild, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Seasick Steve, Metric, Ben Folds, Florence and the Machine (2), Murder by Death, The Aliens, Yeasayer, Deus, The National, Amy Winehouse (2), Franz Ferdinand (3), Blood Red Shoes, MGMT, Stars, The Dø, Slow Club (2), Guillemots, Snow Patrol (2), British Sea Power, Kaiser Chiefs, Ash, Razorlight, Stereophonics, David Gray (2), Zutons (2), Reef (2), Feeder (2), Donovan Frankenreiter, We Are Scientists, Tom McRae, Nada Surf, Rachel Unthank and the Winterset, CSS, The Go! Team, Alabama 3, Imagined Village, Delays, Magic Numbers, Scissor Sisters, Angus & Julia Stone, Frightened Rabbit, Shortwave Set, Johnny Foreigner, The Twilight Sad, Blue Roses, Broken Records, We Have Band, The Gossip, Micah P Hinson, M. Ward, Rilo Kiley, Roisin Murphy, Gemma Hayes, Erin McKeown, A Hawk and a Hacksaw, Alexander Tucker, Seal Cub Clubbing Club, Editors, The Subways, Klaxons, Jamie Cullum, Babyshambles, Badly Drawn Boy, Matt Costa, Devon Sproule, Smerin's Anti-Social Club (2), Bad Science, Ten Ton Tongue, Hayseed Dixie, Red Snapper, Soap&Skin, Emmy the Great (2), We Have Band, Hot Rats, KT Tunstall, Dandy Warhols, Broken Bells, The XX, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Amos Lee, Tim Vanhamel (Millionaire), James Taylor Quartet, Mark Ronson, Cold War Kids, Phenomenal Handclap Band, Black Kids, Captain, Tim Burgess, Jason Mraz, Sam Isaac, Jeremy Warmsley, The Stands, Priscilla Ahn, Tom Baxter, Calvin Harris, The Others, David Saw, Cerys Matthews, Robert Randolph and the Family Band (2), Ben Andrews, The New York Fund, Punch Brothers, Soko, Sebastien Tellier, King Porter Stomp, Eleonor McEvoy, Tegan & Sara, The Sleepy Jackson, Patrick Watson, John Legend , Air Traffic, Black Box Revelation, Rootjoose, A Genuine Freakshow, Rosie and the Goldbug, Eli Paperboy Reed, Sunshine Underground, Electric Six, Har Mar Superstar, Ordinary Boys, Hard Fi, Nelly Furtado, Sugababes, 5ive, All American Rejects, Ocean Colour Scene, Embrace, Athlete, The Enemy, The Kooks, The Thrills, Thirteen Senses, East 17, The Darkness, Keane, Kubb, Paulo Nutini, Kate Nash, Joss Stone, Panic at the Disco, Duffy.

(Some right dross at the end there!!!)

Hip Hop/Rap:

Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg (2), Jurassic 5, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Dizzie Rascal, N.E.R.D, DJ Format.

....also Shlomo and the Vocal Orchestra Present Music by Unconventional Means (2)

1. with DJ Yoda, Martha Wainwright, Portico Quartet, Reverend and the Makers, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Ed Harcourt

2. with Imogen Heap, DJ Yoda, Jarvis Cocker, Marcus Brigstocke.

I also had tickets for Ray Charles for the year before he passed on, but it got cancelled and sadly he never played again. Had tickets for Michael Jackson's last gig, and for Daft Punk in Amsterdam but my Gran passed on, so had to give up my ticket and come back home for the funeral.

Upcoming Gigs/Festivals: Just Joanna Newsom and Godspeed You! Black Emperor currently.

Edited by ralph250

Now 26. First gig, Levellers with my family when pretty young. First on my own Prodigy when around 13, fat of the land tour. Last Stevie Wonder at Glasto.

List.

Legends/Oldies:

David Gilmour (with Richard Wright, Dick Parry & David Crosby, Graham Nash and David Bowie on guest vocals), Neil Young (3), David Bowie (solo show), Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones (2), Eric Clapton (4), Stevie Wonder (2), Santana (2), BB King, Buddy Guy, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John with the Royal Academy Orchestra and Choir (about 130 piece), Fleetwood Mac, Brian Wilson, Prince, The Who, Van Morrison (2), Leonard Cohen, James Brown (2), Herbie Hancock, Tracy Chapman (2), Crosby Stills and Nash, Peter Gabriel, Yes, Patti Smith (with backing band of Silver Mt. Zion, Flea and Adrian Utley of Portishead), Paul Weller, John Fogerty, Jimmy Cliff, Ray Davies, Rolf Harris, Taj Mahal, Peter Green, Tower of Power, Solomon Burke, Christie Moore, Dr. John, The Specials, Blondie, Jools Holland (4), Bill Wyman, New Order, Status Quo, Neil Diamond, The Zombies, Candi Staton (2), Sister Sledge, Geno Washington, Denis Lecorriere (Dr. Hook), Gary Moore.

Rock/Metal/Punk

Muse (5), Pearl Jam (3, including Astoria), Foo Fighters (3, including Astoria), Metallica (2), Queens of the Stone Age (3), Mars Volta (4), Pixies, White Stripes, Smashing Pumpkins (Shepherds Bush), Nine Inch Nails, Them Crooked Vultures, Rammstein, Deftones, Red Hot Chili Peppers (2), Skunk Anansie, Mastodon, Slayer, A Silver Mt. Zion (3), Incubus (5), Spinal Tap, Silverchair, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Marilyn Manson, Death From Above 1979, The Stranglers, The Breeders, Biffy Clyro (2), Brand New, Grinderman (2), Jimmy Eat World (2), Dead Weather, Pennywise, Buzzcocks, Lost Prophets, Terrorvision, Godsmack, Garbage, Cooper Temple Clause, Black Mountain, The Hives, Reuben, Eagles of Death Metal, Frank Black, Hundred Reasons (2), A, Capdown, Enter Shikari, Within Temptation, Sic Alps, Billy Talent, The Bravery.

Dance/Chill/Funk/Jazz

Faithless (3), Chemical Brothers (3), Prodigy (2), Moby (2), LCD Soundsystem (2), Justice, Bassment Jaxx, UNKLE, Goldfrapp, Portishead, 2manydjs, Air, Zero 7, Royksopp, Lamb, Fat Freddys Drop (2), Michael Franti & Spearhead, Ozomatli, DJ Yoda, Annie Mac, Hercules and Love Affair, George Clinton Parliament/Funkadelic, Errors, Audio Bullys, Mauro Picotto, Dave Pearce, Ethiopiques (Mulatu Astatke etc), Portico Quartet, Herbie Hancock, Buena Vista Social Club (only for 2 songs though), The Perceptions, Red Snapper, Braindead Collective.

Popular/Indie/Acousticy

Radiohead (3), REM (3), Blur, Oasis, Coldplay, Bjork (2), Arcade Fire, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Ben Harper (4), The Strokes, Rodrigo y Gabriela (4), Joanna Newsom (2), Elbow (2), Sigur Ros (2), Pavement , Beck, Death Cab for Cutie (3), Counting Crows (2), Flaming Lips, Bloc Party (4), The Verve, The Killers (3), Kings of Leon (3), Damien Rice (3), Lenny Kravitiz (2), Soulwax (2), Austalian Pink Floyd (2), Supergrass (2), Alanis Morissette, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Scott Matthews (3), Broken Social Scene, Grizzly Bear, Modest Mouse, Regina Spektor, Primal Scream, Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood, Morrissey, Minus the Bear, Bat For Lashes, John Butler Trio (2), Eric Bibb (3), Beth Gibbons, The Levellers (2), Polyphonic Spree, Kasabian (2), Jack Johnson, Manic Street Preachers, Suede, Brakes, Tori Amos, Tunng, Band of Horses, Bon Iver, Gomez, Interpol (2), Jose Gonzalez, Joseph Arthur, Tindersticks, My Morning Jacket, Norah Jones, Raconteurs, Tom Vek, Amadou & Mariam (2), Good Bad & the Queen, Mew, The Music, Turin Breaks, Low Anthem (2), Martha Wainwright (3), Devendra Banhart, Rufus Wainwright, G Love and Special Sauce, The Dears, Idlewild, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Seasick Steve, Metric, Ben Folds, Florence and the Machine (2), Murder by Death, The Aliens, Yeasayer, Deus, The National, Amy Winehouse (2), Franz Ferdinand (3), Blood Red Shoes, MGMT, Stars, The Dø, Slow Club (2), Guillemots, Snow Patrol (2), British Sea Power, Kaiser Chiefs, Ash, Razorlight, Stereophonics, David Gray (2), Zutons (2), Reef (2), Feeder (2), Donovan Frankenreiter, We Are Scientists, Tom McRae, Nada Surf, Rachel Unthank and the Winterset, CSS, The Go! Team, Alabama 3, Imagined Village, Delays, Magic Numbers, Scissor Sisters, Angus & Julia Stone, Frightened Rabbit, Shortwave Set, Johnny Foreigner, The Twilight Sad, Blue Roses, Broken Records, We Have Band, The Gossip, Micah P Hinson, M. Ward, Rilo Kiley, Roisin Murphy, Gemma Hayes, Erin McKeown, A Hawk and a Hacksaw, Alexander Tucker, Seal Cub Clubbing Club, Editors, The Subways, Klaxons, Jamie Cullum, Babyshambles, Badly Drawn Boy, Matt Costa, Devon Sproule, Smerin's Anti-Social Club (2), Bad Science, Ten Ton Tongue, Hayseed Dixie, Red Snapper, Soap&Skin, Emmy the Great (2), We Have Band, Hot Rats, KT Tunstall, Dandy Warhols, Broken Bells, The XX, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Amos Lee, Tim Vanhamel (Millionaire), James Taylor Quartet, Mark Ronson, Cold War Kids, Phenomenal Handclap Band, Black Kids, Captain, Tim Burgess, Jason Mraz, Sam Isaac, Jeremy Warmsley, The Stands, Priscilla Ahn, Tom Baxter, Calvin Harris, The Others, David Saw, Cerys Matthews, Ben Andrews, The New York Fund, Punch Brothers, Soko, Sebastien Tellier, King Porter Stomp, Eleonor McEvoy, Tegan & Sara, Patrick Watson, John Legend , Air Traffic, Black Box Revelation, Rootjoose, A Genuine Freakshow, Rosie and the Goldbug, Eli Paperboy Reed, Sunshine Underground, Electric Six, Har Mar Superstar, Ordinary Boys, Hard Fi, Nelly Furtado, Sugababes, 5ive, All American Rejects, Ocean Colour Scene, Embrace, Athlete, The Enemy, The Kooks, The Thrills, Thirteen Senses, East 17, The Darkness, Keane, Kubb, Paulo Nutini, Kate Nash, Joss Stone, Panic at the Disco, Duffy.

(Some right dross at the end there!!!)

Hip Hop/Rap:

Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg (2), Jurassic 5, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Dizzie Rascal, N.E.R.D, DJ Format.

....also Shlomo and the Vocal Orchestra Present Music by Unconventional Means (2)

1. with DJ Yoda, Martha Wainwright, Portico Quartet, Reverend and the Makers, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Ed Harcourt

2. with Imogen Heap, DJ Yoda, Jarvis Cocker, Marcus Brigstocke.

I also had tickets for Ray Charles for the year before he passed on, but it got cancelled and sadly he never played again. Had tickets for Michael Jackson's last gig, and for Daft Punk in Amsterdam but my Gran passed on, so had to give up my ticket and come back home for the funeral.

Upcoming Gigs/Festivals: Just Joanna Newsom and Godspeed You! Black Emperor currently.

First:

Eric Clapton at the NIA in Brum aged about 11. I had flu. :(

Last:

Stevie Wonder at Glastonbury 2010.

Bands I've seen more than any other:

The Bees (10)

I Am Kloot (9)

Show of Hands (9)

Seth Lakeman (6)

Ocean Colour Scene (5)

Favourite ever gig:

Paul McCartney (Glastonbury 2004). Simply incredible and a lifelong dream came true that night.

Worst ever gig:

Either Oasis (Glastonbury 2004) or The Twang (who supported the Wonder Stuff last Christmas). Both embarrassing. I would have felt sorry for them if they both weren't acting like such complete w**kers.