THIS TIME LAST WEEK.....i was....

Guest Rachie

I remember a thread like this last year, and altho its sad, its also really good to reminisce...

so where were you this time last week?

Friday night, id seen about 10 songs of the gorillaz, and decided to head to trash city before the crowds , we got there, but found ourselves in STRUMMERVILLE!!, a place Ive been searching for for the previous 3 years!!! and i was just there! like that, without even trying to look for it., we got a spec right by the fire, parked our arses, and just took in the atmosphere....got chatting to a guy called joe, old skool guy who went on and on about sham 69!! we sang there hit together over and over 'ohhh the kids are united,we will never be divided!!!' and then shared stories of joe strummer (i met him dont you know!?) haha, and he'd actually seen the clash, and told me all about it...then he talked complete bollox for a while, and i thought he wasnt with us anymore haha, he left to get cider, promised us one too....thought 'yer right...see you in the next life'...at this point strummerville is HEAVING, and there's some lady plying (i think?)and everyone knows her....i think haha except me.

but the atmosphere is so f**king brilliant, we get chatting to two sober(ish) girls next to us...one was called Ellie (i think) and we talk about our ages, for what seems like a decade, my other half cant get over shes older then him (my age) blah blahhh and we talk and dance and sing for agessss

and out of the blue...Joe comes back!!! with a crate of cider!!!, passes them about like it was nothing....

looking back maybe i was more trashed then him, but i was so f**king impressed he came back, with booze, to the spec we kept for him... (even tho HOURS AND HOURS HAD PASSED)

ok.

so my story isn't that great, but im just remembering what happened to me this time last week....

i found strummerville, and i f**king loved it, it was worth 3 years of searching.

p.s......i was always under the illusion that the fire was always kept burning throughout the weekend...i know now it isn't, but was it in the past??? or was that just a rumour haha

p.ss. i always put my camera in the lockups before it went dark so didnt get any photos of it at night, but i LOVED the HUGE silhouette of joe and his guitar, up on the trees, like he was looking down on us... with the bits of hot ash from the fire rising up towards him, it would have made the most f**king brilliant photograph ever....god why im i so responsible, my dslr would have been used within an inch of its life right then...if ANYONE HAS ANY PHTOTOS ID LOVE TO SEE THEM.

i should have went to bed hours and hours ago, excuse that drivel..... :P

Edited by Rachie

ack, no views! and i posted what feels like ages ago!!

lightweights!!!

Que the next few posts of....

"i woke in my tent boiled alive"

:D

im now deffo going to bed, got a couch to get in 6 hours to bloody scotland. :ph34r: god help me. :P

Edited by Rachie

Having had no sleep I had hauled my tired ass over to the other stage and was foot tapping and singing hoarsely to Two Door Cinema Club and drinking some weird elderflower energy drink.... Saturday was pretty much a write off after that, was worth it for all the Friday night Arcadia/Shangri-La shennanigans the night before tho B)

I had just left the Stone Circle, as the shade had disappeared, and was sitting in some beautiful shade at the entrance to Green Futures, cooling down for a bit.

Reckon this time last week I was watching The Phenomenal Handclap Band (whom my friend genuinely thought were called The Phenomenal Handicapped band..) whilst eating a massive plate of mexican stuff from Blue Moon Cafe. Then saw a band from Mali where someone was drumming on a big dried out pumpkin!

Midnight Saturday. Had made it over to Arcadia for a non existent show following the stunning Pet Shop Boys. Got pissed off waiting for feck all to happen and peeps sort of supposed to meet me didn't show so I took the opportunity to check out The Common and Block 9 passing VIA the end of the Lightning Seeds who were STILL playing at 00.30! Managed to catch Three Lions...how fun eh?

Right now I'm on Indiehearts sofa watching the entire PSB set again on the Iplayer and loving it very much.

Last weekend was quite simply the best of my entire life and I look forward to reminiscing about it every single day that I live forever and ever. Amen :D