Anyone else wish they didn't go this year?

Guest glastonbury2008

This was my 5th Glastonbury and i never wished to not have been there before in my life.

Points that wrecked it:

1. Posh/Cool Kids who moved my small pop up tent so they could erect a stupid marquee

2. The "you gotta do it cause it's glastonbury" ethos about drugs that i felt so much this year from the new lot

3. The feeling of being at reading (NEVER a good thing)

4. The fires around campsites

5. Being looked down on for walking around in an old shirt and jeans

6. Tens of thousands too many people

Ended up spending sunday night walking around telling people burning plastic to f**k off back to mummy and daddy at home in the country.

I am considering writing a letter to glastonbury festival and 100s of issues that i found this year.

Wrant over.. Sorry x

Edited by glastonbury2008

Nope. Stop complaining.

And you spelt rant wrong as well. How was this years Glasto anything like Reading too?

Some people just arn't happy with anything in life arn't they. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just realised, it's late, are you drunk?

Edited by BlackHole2006

theres been a couple of people on here with similar issues...

i guess all i can say is it was bad luck. yes, the knobs (or cool kids as you call them) were out in force this year, but ive always noticed these so called "cool kids", theyve never not been there! i can only think that the warm weather made a difference this year.

If you think about it, the warm weather made it feel more crowded, and being too hot can make people a bit tetchy, also the lack off mud would give these cool kids more chance to venture around and be rowdy and annoy us because they had no fear of getting their designer plim soles muddy.

dont forget, glastonbury is very much in vogue at the minute, so a lot of young uns go for one time to say theyve been and they make a mess and never come back! hopefully...

there are always going to be imbeciles, i suppose its bad luck if you encounter a lot of them and they get to you :ph34r:

EDIT: Double Post

I would also like to add that i agree with whats been said below.

the festival is what you make it. yeah, i totally understand that d!ckheads can make you feel self conscious and be intimidating, i am the most easily intimidated person in the world! but if they try and make you have a bad time and you strive to not let it affect you then karma will bite them on the arse and theyll end up braking down on the way home or something.

glastonbury is what you make it. maybe go with different people? or maybe just remember the good times?

Edited by caroldecker

this was my 18th glasto and although i agree with alot of what youre saying, i still had a top weekend, its youre festival mate! other people will f**k it up for you if you let them!

1, if they insist on moving your tent, then sleep in their marquee

2,do it if you want to! i saw nobodies arm getting twisted.

3,BOLLOX!

4,were you camping in a field full of plastic fires? we were in the dance field where wholesome traditional wood was being burned, all the fires i sat by were beautiful!

5,you smokin too much dope,

6, the good weather definately contributed to it being busier this year, people were spending alot less time in the tent!

I deff agree with the posh/cool kids being out in force, I saw a few people wearing Armani vests and other such stuff

Yea, I heard a few dull conversations about drugs and just do it it's glasto..dull

all in all, most people are alright, always a few tools - and yea the weather meant they ventured out more, had it been 07 then they would probably have stayed at the tents all day

I love all these old guys complaining about young people turning out for Glastonbury. It isn't the teenagers drinking and having a laugh who don't appreciate what the festival is about. It's the boring old sod sat scowling at them, safe in the knowledge that he remembers how it used to be, when he and his teenage friends would drink and have a laugh, and some boring old sod would sit and scowl at them.

OP claims to object to the posh kids and his/her solution? A strongly worded letter to GfL. It's hardly sticking it to the man is it? I scent protesting too much.

As for being looked down on for wearing a shirt and jeans? Please. I wear stuff at Glastonbury I would never dream of wearing outside of festivals (mostly because it's "age-inappropriate" - thanks Mum) but never feel self-conscious or looked down on there. A shirt and jeans attracting attention of ANY sort? I don't think so.

This was my 5th Glastonbury and i never wished to not have been there before in my life.

Points that wrecked it:

1. Posh/Cool Kids who moved my small pop up tent so they could erect a stupid marquee

2. The "you gotta do it cause it's glastonbury" ethos about drugs that i felt so much this year from the new lot

Ended up spending sunday night walking around telling people burning plastic to f**k off back to mummy and daddy at home in the country.

I am considering writing a letter to glastonbury festival and 100s of issues that i found this year.

Wrant over.. Sorry x

I love all these old guys complaining about young people turning out for Glastonbury. It isn't the teenagers drinking and having a laugh who don't appreciate what the festival is about. It's the boring old sod sat scowling at them, safe in the knowledge that he remembers how it used to be, when he and his teenage friends would drink and have a laugh, and some boring old sod would sit and scowl at them.

Just as long as you realise it's not all the old guys that think teenagers are ruining the entire universe with their skinny jeans and plimsolls, asymetric haircuts and general up for having some fun ness :) Mind you, some of that stuff you listen to - call that music ;)

Points that wrecked it:

I think people are being a bit hard on the OP here.

It occurs to me that the first 5 points could all be related to the people he had camping around him - points 1 and 4 certainly are. Sadly it's always been a lottery who you find camping around you, no matter where you camp, and if the OP was unlucky enough to find himself surrounded by twunts maybe he was just sensitised to the other twats that are always about at glasto.

As for the last point, he's far from alone in that opinion. I didn't find that myself, even when in the one way system around the late night areas, but maybe I was just lucky to not find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As an old un of 61 I just want to say that I had a good time and had no problems with the younger element of the festival. In fact more of them spoke to me than other ages. So Grimmy please do not lump all of us oldies in together. In a crowd that size you are going to get tossers in all age groups. I would like to the arm chair brigade who plonk there chairs in the middle of the area and create a bottle neck, told to get up and take there chairs back to the tent. Thats only my opinion.

Teenagers are dickheads wherever you are, that is their role in life. I should know, I used to be one. Not sure what you can do really - just try your best to pretend they are not there. Actually, quite a few adults are dickheads too...but lets keep focused on teenagers. You would think the high ticket prices would keep them out, maybe that's why they mostly seem to be posh teenager dickheads.

I blame the parents.

Personally I didn't have a problem with them, but then I was camped up in the family camping field where any teenagers were on best behaviour.

Maybe they should have camping areas just for dickhead teenagers, give them loads of plastic to burn etc and let them get on with it.

Can't really say that I felt judged for what I was wearing, and I do wear my most hippiest cloths when I'm at the fest because everybody just runs around in what ever they feel like. That has always been my impression at least. If young girls (and boys) only feel good when they dress up, so be it.

It is what you make it and I found the main stage areas a bit too much this year, so I bimbled to the quieter places, where a lot of people don't go near.

Still best 4 days value for money of the year.

I think people are being a bit hard on the OP here.

It occurs to me that the first 5 points could all be related to the people he had camping around him - points 1 and 4 certainly are. Sadly it's always been a lottery who you find camping around you, no matter where you camp, and if the OP was unlucky enough to find himself surrounded by twunts maybe he was just sensitised to the other twats that are always about at glasto.

As for the last point, he's far from alone in that opinion. I didn't find that myself, even when in the one way system around the late night areas, but maybe I was just lucky to not find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I cant believe how much people moan. If you dont like DONT GO NEXT YEAR!!! its simple and it will make it easier for someone like me who had an amazing 5 days to get a ticket. If it wasnt for the youngsters you wouldnt have loads of people jumping up and down in the front few rows of gigs making a brilliant atmosphere. Sure they can be annoying but do what almost everyone else does-ignore them. Kids are not gonna stop being kids because you dont like them. Drugs are always gonna be around at glasto but it doesnt bother me, if some kid wants to take something and end up feeling like shit for days after let them, its not my concern.