how to get the wristband off?

Guest dunny oasis

I really wanted to keep mine on - alas, anything below the elbow is a disciplinary offence at work. A flat headed screwed driver and alot of praying for hubby not to hit an artery worked to get mine off - it loosened the metal just enough to be able to loosen the cloth and slip my wrist through... At least I have the quite ridiculous white mark to show where it was!

I spent over half an hour with wire cutters scratching/cutting the metal band. When my hand was clamped it was done with so much force there was two *dimples* which pierced the cloth and touched the other side of the clamp so sadly the screwdriver method didn't work for me. My wifes clamp however is barely crushed so will be far easier to remove, when she finally grows bored with it.

My 8 y/o has gone off to school proudly wearing my band, shame the kids dont get a momento.

Edited by manateemike

I really wanted to keep mine on - alas, anything below the elbow is a disciplinary offence at work.

:blink:

A flat headed screwed driver :lol: and alot of praying for hubby not to hit an artery worked to get mine off - it loosened the metal just enough to be able to loosen the cloth and slip my wrist through... At least I have the quite ridiculous white mark to show where it was!

I like to keep the wristband intact. This year, I managed to (very slowly) pull the metal clasp down the band by about 1cm and then slide it over my wrist - it only had one dimple punched into it. My boyfriend had 4 dimples punched into his so we cut it off but he is not fussed for keeping it intact.

For the peeps going at it with a hammer, have you not tried a pair of pliers and squeezing the clasp in the 'opposite' direction, at least to try and loosen it from the fabric?

I like to keep the wristband intact. This year, I managed to (very slowly) pull the metal clasp down the band by about 1cm and then slide it over my wrist - it only had one dimple punched into it. My boyfriend had 4 dimples punched into his so we cut it off but he is not fussed for keeping it intact.

For the peeps going at it with a hammer, have you not tried a pair of pliers and squeezing the clasp in the 'opposite' direction, at least to try and loosen it from the fabric?

They guy who put my wrist band on was well keen on, made it very tight and put 3 "dimples" in it. Managed to slide it off when I got home with a liberal application of fairy liquid and some hand squishing! Was too scared of physical damage and injury for the screwdriver method!

Use a pair of mole grips to clamp the metal bit on each side. Use a small flat screwdriver and hammer it in, then get a bigger screwdriver and twist it a bit. The mole grips hold the band really firmly so you can get some force on it.

Fold the wristband so you are doing it away from your wrist though, if you slip it could be nasty...

I've got some plastic bits on the end of the mole grip so it doesn't damage the metal ring too much.

I've only got one dimple in mine so it was pretty easy.

/Mike

Cut mine off yesterday. Just spent ages with pliers and a wire cutter trying to remove my wife's, unsuccessfully. Then she just slipped if off with little effort!! So, always try the latter first.