get 'enough' sleep - or party like a machine?

Guest Mr Ploppy

Do you glastonsnooze?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How do you try to plan your sleeping habits at Glastonbury?

• I just stay out and get some rest every so often and struggle through from day to day with virtually no actual sleep
    • I try to get at least a few hours sleep each night but generally dont plan to sleep
    • I make sure I get at least 4 to 5 hours sleep each night to have the energy for the next day
    • I must have around 7 hours sleep each night otherwise I cant manage the next day and know I will be knackered
    • I sleep for around 10 hours, have a huge breakfast, 4 pints of Brothers then sleep again
  2. 2. Have you ever had a power-nap whilst...

• Lying in the sun at the Pyramid stage
    • In the greenfields
    • In one of the smaller cafe/chillout tents
    • Lying in the sun outside the Brothers Bar
    • In a turdis
    • None of the above :-)

As the wee small hours roll by, do you think that maybe you should get back to your tent and get some decent shut-eye to be fresh for the next day - or do you just get whatever sleep you can over the 5 days and deal with the consequences and inevitable extended bouts of fatigue when you get back to the normal world?

And where have you had a power-nap at Glastonbury whilst out and about away from your tent?

Edited by Mr Ploppy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last yeAr being a newbie I got about 8 hrs until the fri when we realised there was so much to do after hours, then we averaged about 4.

We discovered the slumberave too and slept in there on sun night while it was pissing it down and then made our way back to camp. It wAs nice to have a bed!

i normally go to bed around 4 but wake up at 6 or 7ish cos im a crap sleeper and the heat in the tent last year drove us mad. normally get by with 3 to 4 hours but after 5 days im a mess ! sunday nights usually a killer as we get back to tent about 2, have a couple of hours sleep an pack the tent at 4 to miss the traffic on the 350 mile trip up the road

Hmm.. answering this poll depends upon me planning anything whilst at glastonbury :P

I just sleep when a feel sleepy, during the day thats pretty much anywhere relatively dry (relative for glastonbury), but i have a tendancy to wake up at dawn.. infinitely aggravating my tent-mates! :P

Usually about 3 or 4 hours a night with the occasional kip at glade, g stage, circus fields or stone circle during the day.

Anyone that says they're not going to sleep, for five days, is talking bollocks.

normally depends how pissed i am and how tired i am...

i do like a good sleep at least 6 hours a night or more, i'm well known by my mates for sleeping pretty much anywhere! lol

i've slept up against a speaker in a nightclub doesn't bother me, fell alseep standing up before lol

planning on being in bed at least by 4/5am then getting up about 10/11am

Hmm.. answering this poll depends upon me planning anything whilst at glastonbury :P

I just sleep when a feel sleepy, during the day thats pretty much anywhere relatively dry (relative for glastonbury), but i have a tendancy to wake up at dawn.. infinitely aggravating my tent-mates! :P

I am always so jealous of the people sleeping at the stages with a hat over their faces - they always look so contented and snoozie.

I just can't do that - I'm too anxious that someones gonna stand/fall/collapse on top of me, doesn't matter how tired I am.

I try go to bed at a fairly reasonable hour until the Friday however I must admit I've only managed to see one sunrise per glasto (been to 2). I'm aiming for two sunrises this year : )

the heat of the sun usually forces you out of the tent in the morning with hangover sweats.. 2007 when it was cold and wet, I was getting about 8 hours a night (5am-1pm). Sweet.

Normally in my tent by about 1-2 in the morning, I'm not a night owl at all, then driven out my tent by heat but usually up by at least 9am, then spend the morning dozing in my chair by the tent until I wander down in search of beer, food and entertainment about half 11.

Used to stay up all night at festivals when I was young, but now I'm approaching 40 I've learnt to enjoy my sleep to much!