Worthy FM looking for volunteers!

Guest strudders

Cool, so...

If they accept you, you get a ticket sorted, that's no worries.

As for number of shows, that varies really, the line up's only sorted out once the applications have been sorted, obviously. Some people do a daily slot of 2 hours or so, others less. Last year I did an hour a day on alternate evenings. I then did feature gathering and so on for the rest of the time round the site.

As for the hours, think they used to specify but not sure they do anymore. Basically, there's not much in the way of 'fixed shifts after which you're free' like with stewarding or whatever, there's always lots to do and you keep on doing it, the more the better really. Team meetings are at half 9 every morning, and then generally by the later evening you're free to go and do what you want, as some regulars and then the night team take over. Being pissed/stoned/whatever whilst working really is at no point an option.

So yeah, it's a proper job really, not just a few hours a day in return for a free ticket. That said, it's the most fun I've had at the festival in years, and the crew are all a really sound and friendly bunch of people. If you're still wanting to be a punter, just with a free ticket, i wouldn't recommend it. If you're tired of being a punter and are looking for something to do as part of the festival, then it's worth a bash.