Diana Vickers?

Guest Robbie c

Are the ‘musical tastes’ of the people using this forum vanished?.

In the ‘old days’ we used to talk about credible acts, have high expectations – and now we just talk about shit like this all day…

Its nothing to do with snobbery or trying to appear "cool", its just people passing comment on the fact that V Festival is fastly turning into The X Factor Live. If you want to watch Pop acts then go catch them on T4 on the beach, and stop calling out for them to play at what at one time, used to be a fairly decent Festival.

I dont think "people dont want X factor style bands", its becoming more and more apparent that these type of artists are becoming standard fare at V.

I just think if you do want to see those type of acts, can't you just sod off and have them at 'Party in the Park', 'T4 on the Beach' style event?? And stop getting them on the line-up of Festivals like V.

Anyway I do think i'm fighting a losing battle here, because its obvious that over the years V is turning into a luvverly wuvverly cuddly little festival where in a couple more years the most radical act on the bill will be Mika .... or Keane ... or indeed Diana Vickers.

Edited by thetime

Oh dear. You appear to be comparing V and Glastonbury.

Glastonbury is gigantic, and encapsulates everything for every taste.

‘If’ it has changed like you suggest though, how come their forum isn’t filled with complete morons asking every day for another shit pop group?. The V festival forum ‘used’ to have much higher expectations, talk about ‘real’ bands, AND it still sold out!.

It’s also worth noting that Glastonbury and all the other festivals are also on for 3 days, have more stages, and the ticket prices are almost the same.

But these type of pop acts are absorbed into a massive line-up at Glastonbury and spread over numerous stages and over more days.

With them being inlcluded in a Line Up as small as V's and only over 2 days, they stand out like a sore thumb. (or should I say a sore thumb with a gangrenous weeping abcess)

And I dont agree that Festivals should cater for everyone, certainly not to the point where we see Simon Cowells influence throughout the line-up. If they try and cater for everyone, then the line-up will become that watered down that you'll be paying £165 for the weekend to see the 2 bands that you like.

Edited by thetime

from what I see there is one xfactor type artist on the bil, not quite all over the bill is it?

I can see where your coming from, but the times when guitar bands fill lineup are long gone.

festivals should cater for everyone, especially festivlas like glastonbury and v which have alot of the same lineup but like you said glasto has a alot more to offer. remember the furore when glasto put jay z on?

people dont liek change do they I suppose.

its not like the simon cowell acts are getting prominent positions at festivals.

I dont mind diversity at a festival, absolutely nothing wrong with that - last year on the Sunday in Staffs I went from watching Starsailor one minute to Horsemeat Disco the next , then The Specials and Happy Mondays before Pendulum and Fatboy Slim.
Edited by ride111

Wasnt so much an argument that the Line-up is 'already full of these acts'. It was more of a reaction to people on this forum asking for the likes of them to play. In this instance Diana Vickers.

Also, hasn't our friend LuckySalt said that another possible act to be added to the line-up was JLS (??)

I dont mind diversity at a festival, absolutely nothing wrong with that - last year on the Sunday in Staffs I went from watching Starsailor one minute to Horsemeat Disco the next , then The Specials and Happy Mondays before Pendulum and Fatboy Slim.

Nothing wrong with the days of guitar bands no longer ruling the line-up, but the likes of Diana Vickers, JLS, Sugababes and Cheryl Cole taking their place is in my opinion, wrong.

We'll have Susan Boyle headlining next year and my Nan and moms menapausal friends will be asking me to get them tickets.

Edited by brfcstar

Wow! Ok everybody calm down...Jease!

It was a question..Do we think Diana Vickers would be added??

Clearly caused a stir!!

Yes I did like her on the X Factor show, I think she has a lot of talent and yes I do like her new single and some of the stuff on her album( Well what ive heard so far). I think she would be good for an early slot.

In response to everybody claiming that there is too many pop acts at V, Simon Cowell etc.. FYI there is a festival the week after called Reading/Leeds Festival if you don't want to see acts such as Mika, Sugababes or indeed Diana Vickers (Who I would like to act hasn't been added or even rumoured) don't go to V, wait a week and go to Reading or one of the many other festivals throughout the summer.

Personally I think the line up is awesome this year, although I don't really understand Cheryl Cole headling the Tent....I think this is a mistake but hey i'll be at Kasabian anyway!

Also to the people who have made said comments, have you even got a ticket to V festival this year??