Blink 182 August Tour Dates?

Guest judyblue110

Rumour far and wide on the interwebz, starting yesterday is that Blink 182 will be playing:

Aberdeen AECC, 16th August ( Last FM Page )

Glasgow SECC, 17th August

Not sure if this is true or not, but I've not seen a "rumour" gain this much momentum in such a short space of time before. Doesn't seem that likely to me, but it's around the time they will be over here anyway.

Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone from Scotland was going down to R or L purely for them.

EDIT: Seems ents24 has ticket details for them Ents24, anyone know if this makes it more or less likely?

Edited by judyblue110

Rumour far and wide on the interwebz, starting yesterday is that Blink 182 will be playing:

Aberdeen AECC, 16th August ( Last FM Page )

Glasgow SECC, 17th August

Not sure if this is true or not, but I've not seen a "rumour" gain this much momentum in such a short space of time before. Doesn't seem that likely to me, but it's around the time they will be over here anyway.

Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone from Scotland was going down to R or L purely for them.

I emailed Ent24, and good news:

"Hi Ian,

Thanks for your email. At Ents24 we receive gig details from thousands of different promoters from across the UK on a daily basis, collecting this information and placing it into one, easy to navigate website. We received limited details from a trusted source that these events will be going ahead, though as you'll read on the event page you provided, further ticketing information is 'coming soon'. The best course of action is to check back with Ents24 regularly for updated details and ensure you are signed up for an Ents24 account with Blink 182 tour alerts (which is a completely free service). Thanks again for getting in touch, if you have any other queries about the Ents24 site, do please let me know.

Have a good day!"

I mean, I still don't see why it would leak like this. But I would jizz. Everwhere. Still, I'm not going to believe it yet.

Yeah, it's the Aberdeen thing that makes me wary to believe it.

Blink 182 is a fairly big international act to get up our way, especially this year when we have relatively slim pickin's so far.

It's not something unheard of; last year we got Neil Young, and in 2007 we got the Foo Fighters, but it seems kind of surreal that Blink 182 would go somewhere other than the SECC in Glasgow. That's where the money is, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I follow blink quite closely, they are announced now - On their facebook and through their pick-r-set page (both official) They also announced a show in Dublin.

Quite gutted they are the last announced dates, I wanted to see them a couple times whilst they were over here.