Wellies or walking boots?

Guest madspaceangel

I'm taking both.

While walking boots are fine when it's muddy, I've found myself walking through a foot of water at Glasto on several occasions and that's not nice in walking boots. Having to take your boots off and wring out your socks whenever you stop is no fun.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought both! What can I say? Its my first festival so i've - urm - got a bit carried away!! :P Wellies arrived on Saturday morning and I must say, they feel incredibly comfy and looked fab as I traipsed around the garden in them whilst wearing my jamas!

The walking boots were a bargain! 20 quid on sale at Go Outdoors - really lightweight but yet supportive. My dog has been getting some extra long walks so I can break them in and i'm really happy with them!

I'm going to need neither though - it's going to be sunny so I can wear my walking sandals for the whole festival! :P

Have done old army surpluss / second hand boots before they were good, hold on your feet better in sticky mud, although in the watery stuff they fill up as they're not as high as wellies and wellies good for just slipping on.

Problem with wellies is i wear them with shorts (shorts dry quicker) and for guys out there Wellies rub the hair off your leg, not nice at all!

I am doing walking boots this year, have got myself some Saloman4D GTX, didn't break them in and went on 12 mile walk, no blisters, they are so comfortable, i wear them daily now walking to and from work and just done mount Snowdon feet were really comfortable

Problem with wellies is i wear them with shorts (shorts dry quicker) and for guys out there Wellies rub the hair off your leg, not nice at all!

I have a question about Hunter wellies. Are they very big around the calf? I have quite large calves and find shopping for wellies really hard as some of them are just too tight.

And I like a full length welly, not the short ones as puddles can be deeper than they look!

I have a question about Hunter wellies. Are they very big around the calf? I have quite large calves and find shopping for wellies really hard as some of them are just too tight.

And I like a full length welly, not the short ones as puddles can be deeper than they look!

Thank you for the advice. I just don't understand how you see big guys in Hunter wellies, surely my calves aren't as big (or are they?)

I don't want Hunter's because of the name, just because of the comfort factor (everyone I know who has some, says they are the comfiest wellies out there).

I'll check out the link above though!

My calf is 40/41cm and I can get hunters on but not comfortably.

Hunters do actually do a long wide top adjustable wellie if you go to the Hunter website you will find it in Black and Navy at the moment, later on in the year they are launching it in Aubergine, Chocolate and Fuschia pink but not until after Glastonbury! I have been in talks with someone at their sales office about getting a demonstration pair but been unsuccessful :P

Neither wellies or walking boots. Both are inferior to standard trainers (for me anyway) I will bring wellies purely for the fact that if everything turns into a horrific mud puddle then I will have a backup. But trainers are just simpler, lighter and faster in my eyes.

Neither wellies or walking boots. Both are inferior to standard trainers (for me anyway) I will bring wellies purely for the fact that if everything turns into a horrific mud puddle then I will have a backup. But trainers are just simpler, lighter and faster in my eyes.

oooh i stand corrected :P

shame they don't do the more elaborate ones in wide tho...

demo would be a right result, keep trying you might get lucky :P

I have seen the 'adjustable' Hunters on the web and I think they will be ok for me! I am off to see if i can hunt down a pair this weekend and will let you know how I get on!

Thanks for all the hints and tips people!