Blink 182, Lostprophets and Paramore

Guest zeppelin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'rumour has it'. They don't sound very sure, if Paramore played second It would be one of the worst placings ever seen at the festival, Lost Prophets playing so soon after 09 wouldn't be great either.

I disagree.If the tents are rammed then not everyone can get in.Moving certain bands to the mainstage the following year shows progression for some bands.

I think the fact that since Lostprophets played last year they have released a new album is also vindication of the choice to have them back.

Yeah...logically, Paramore under a band of a similar genre on main stage would make perfect sense. Sales-wise they could pull it off, and I think the current R/L demographic would like them. They're certainly more relevant than Kaiser Chiefs currently.
Edited by gr4h4m

Well I don't like Muse and Radiohead, but I'm not going to get on my high horse and say their bad bookings and bring down the standards of the festival, because that would be bullshit, like them or not, Paramore, and as they proved last year Limp Bizkit have a huge following and are great bookings for any festival.

For someone who's been putting so much emphasis on chart placings you're not half quick to ignore them when they don't support your argument

Just because I think they are a terrible band who are only listened to by young teenage girls who don't know any better. A shocking generalisation that may be, but I really think the fetsival could do so much better.

At no point have I made ridiculous claims like "the festival would be better off without a band who sell out large venues up and down the country and have a huge fanbase amongst festival goers"

I may make comments about the type of audience some bands attract, and things that agrieve me about the current state of R/L, but I'm not going say something daft like "The only people who like Pigeon Detectives are middle class, trilby wearing pricks and the festival loses credibility by attracting such riff-raff". I may say I don't want a band at the festival, but Il'm not under any delusions that by taking them out the festival is instatly better for everyone!. You've made yourself look foolish by missing the mark competely with such a rash generalisation. Just like you made yourself look foolish by your dismissal of the line-up suggested in another thread the other day. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it won't shift tickets!

Edited by thomasowen

hahaha "calm down, calm down" everyones getting a bit worked up as we dont even know the lineup. Ive noticed that on these forums bands like Blink and paramore and MCR arent very popular but in reality all three have massive fan bases and would attract really big crowds. I hope that there is a surprise headliner somewhere in the pipeline along with Blink (MCR before them,Paramore before them) and hopefully Green Day. PLEASE can we have Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, You me at 6 and Rancid somewhere at the festival would add some variety!!!