Going alone? post here

Guest skatalite

any other going alone stories?

just wondering what its like. i mean say you arrive alone early on wednesday, would you pitch your tent next to other peoples or find an open space? are people friendly? just a bit nervous as not been to glastonbury before.

i will be heading down alone on the wednesday and then my 2 friends are coming thursday afternoon. hoping to bring their tents with me and pitch them for them, as they have exams on the thursday morning so are coming straight afterwards.

hoping i can make it through wednesday alone =P might be a good chance to get a good look around!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't be alone on Wednesday. By the time you've put up three tents and got to know your neighbours it'll be time to head to the Pyramid Stage to watch the footy, then on to the Cider Bus for the first efestivals meet, having a wicked time with a load of friendly folk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

2010 will be my 4th Glasto. Recenty separated from the Mrs and my mate has dropped out today due to credit issues! I'm a little apprehensive about going solo this year but I know I would regret it if I didn't.

Im hoping to meet some fantastic people as I did last year. Infact last year I spent more time with the friends I made on the bus, the infamous 14 hr journey gave perfect opportunity to get wasted with 50 fellow Glastoers.

Despite that fact, it is daunting and it would be great to meet up with some other folk.

:P

Im travelling from Nottingham by Coach if anyone else is heading down on the bus give me a buzz.

Edited by NipNop

Hi everyone,

2010 will be my 4th Glasto. Recenty separated from the Mrs and my mate has dropped out today due to credit issues! I'm a little apprehensive about going solo this year but I know I would regret it if I didn't.

Im hoping to meet some fantastic people as I did last year. Infact last year I spent more time with the friends I made on the bus, the infamous 14 hr journey gave perfect opportunity to get wasted with 50 fellow Glastoers.

Despite that fact, it is daunting and it would be great to meet up with some other folk.

:P

Im travelling from Nottingham by Coach if anyone else is heading down on the bus give me a buzz.

I had a big group i was going with but slowly it was deminished to just me for various reasons like exams being close to is or just generaly being to rubish to sort out payment so now its just me (not completely though as my brother is going but he is most liekly not going to be with me).

Yeah, it's my first ever Glasto and I'm going alone.

Most of my mates are going to the World Cup, plus they wouldn't have been up for it anyway, they can barely survive at Reading Festival and we live in Reading :P

Looking forward to it anyway. Sounds like I'll have to check out the efestivals camp site.

This is my second year at Glastonbury, this year I have chosen to go alone for the simple reason that you are free to wander whenever and wherever, if you want to meet and chat to others and you are a first timer you will not feel let down!

All alone here too. Bought tickets with hubby but now we're getting divorced. I refuse to stay at home and watch everyone else (especially him!) having fun on TV, knowing that I could have been there.

My friend has said that she'd register and try and get tickets in the resale, but I'm not holding my breath!

I'm another one of those recently single people now going alone! I'm traveling down from Manchester was meant to be going with my boyfriend but then we split up and he had his ticket refunded. Some people! :P

This will be my 6th Glastonbury so I know it pretty well but it will be the first one on my own. I wasn't going to let anyone stop me from going though. It is the best place on earth!

Would be up for any meet ups at glasto anyway with any other solo goers or anyone else. Just hope I can somehow manage to pitch my tent without an extra pair of hands lol - please don't be a windy first day! :P