rage against the machine for christmas no1!

Guest rory_oh

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're as much sheep as anyone buying X-Factor singles, no more, no less, except they've got some self-righteous "cause" which is laughable given the execution they've "chosen".

What's worse - the person buying X-Factor junk that genuinely doesn't know any better or the one on their anti-establishment high horse that should know better?

It's all a bit silly.

I like Killing in the Name, I hate the x factor song. The single reason I support this. Why the big debate.

Killing in The Name is currently no.1 on all download platforms that count towards the chart. (Itunes, hmv, play, 7 digital, amazon, etc.)

It's a bit of a shame that 500,000 thousand hard copies of the x factor song are going into shops tomorrow and all are predicted to be bought.

Would have maybe been interesting if a KITN hard copy was rush released, but it's a one horse race I feel.

I like Killing in the Name, I hate the x factor song. The single reason I support this. Why the big debate.

Killing in The Name is currently no.1 on all download platforms that count towards the chart. (Itunes, hmv, play, 7 digital, amazon, etc.)

It's a bit of a shame that 500,000 thousand hard copies of the x factor song are going into shops tomorrow and all are predicted to be bought.

Would have maybe been interesting if a KITN hard copy was rush released, but it's a one horse race I feel.

the sun are reporting ratm are beating x factor on downloads, yet when the single is released in physical form it will be a 1 horse race. im surprised they haven't released a physical form of ratm, its a sure money earner. it would have also made the race to number 1 a little more interesting. bookies have slashed odds on ratm, but still its pointless, i predict a nice 2nd place for ratm

It's not hypocrisy the point is it's a protest using one of the most famous political protest songs

whilst 20 million watched X Factor there's also people who didn't watch an episode and whilst Cowell continues to head towards TV's first billionaire a music chart dominated every year at Xmas by one of his ballad singing stars is getting on a lot of people's nerves, it's a stand against commercial force fed music.

The problem could be you're too young to remember when people did actually protest about anything. Now a days strikes and the like, public marches, and protest of any sort is deemed hypocrisy.

It's not hypocrisy the point is it's a protest using one of the most famous political protest songs

whilst 20 million watched X Factor there's also people who didn't watch an episode and whilst Cowell continues to head towards TV's first billionaire a music chart dominated every year at Xmas by one of his ballad singing stars is getting on a lot of people's nerves, it's a stand against commercial force fed music.

The problem could be you're too young to remember when people did actually protest about anything. Now a days strikes and the like, public marches, and protest of any sort is deemed hypocrisy.

Spot on. Some folk don't get it.

I remember the 1980s and it was a huge thing if a band went straight in at number 1, it was an incredibly rare thing to happen. Nowadays number ones are chosen by some shitty "talent" show and they aren't even original songs. I still couldn't give a f**k about the charts, but see this RATM campaign as a bit of fun which has clearly wound up the X Factor fans.

Unfortunately you could say that it's down to "real" music fans buying music less. Now you don't have to buy it straight away, download it first, stream it on youtube, stick it on your ipod, then you have it wherever you want to listen to it, later on you might buy the CD if it's been reduced.

Beause of the availability of music now, I don't think that there is a requirement for people to wait for release dates or even buy them just as they've been released because you have access to it all over the place. People don't get excited about music being released anymore, unless it's a massive campaign or there's been a big build up like on the X Factor.

It's true that songs which have featured in the show have appeared in the charts the following weeks, and personally I think the charts are much fairer now that they include all music that has been bought, not just those which have been allowed to enter the charts by record companies or those which the official charts company deems eligible.

can't you see that the only people getting wound up are the folk starting and taking part in this 'protest'. sco77ie says that you are pissed off with simon becoming a billionaire. how is this exactly stopping this? all it is doing is making him richer and giving the chart 'race' more exposure than it would have. well done, objective accomplished!

can't you see that the only people getting wound up are the folk starting and taking part in this 'protest'. sco77ie says that you are pissed off with simon becoming a billionaire. how is this exactly stopping this? all it is doing is making him richer and giving the chart 'race' more exposure than it would have. well done, objective accomplished!

Surprisingly I do - I hate the fact that after taking my daughter to a fistful of festivals every year since she was born, and all the great music she listens to, peer pressure makes her buy Rihanna, N-dubz and Miley Cyrus CDs - it can't be because they are musically talented it's because they are popular.

Surprisingly I do - I hate the fact that after taking my daughter to a fistful of festivals every year since she was born, and all the great music she listens to, peer pressure makes her buy Rihanna, N-dubz and Miley Cyrus CDs - it can't be because they are musically talented it's because they are popular.

Mind you I come from the generation who supported bands like Soup Dragons, Deep Freeze Mice, Chrysanthemums, King Kurt, Fields Of The Nephilim, The Meteors, Stray Cats and the like rather than the dire popular chart music, I've always been against the Pete Waterman/Nigel Smith/Simon Cowell's of the music industry.