rage against the machine for christmas no1!

Guest rory_oh

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well what other attitude is there to have? there has been one failed attempt and soon to be another. it's the way it is.

and even if this does succeed or next years inevitable one does, it's not making simon any less successful is it? in his eyes it's surely about the money, not the kudos of number 1. that's for the act.

this is true :P

i'm still optomistic that joe will be 1st though. the way it's worded here, it seems as though the punters have made it favourite, rather than the bookies. sounds like lots of people getting excited but forgetting the folk buying it from hmv and tesco and the likes.

This whole thing has got me thinking...

I would love to start a movement similar to this one to allow a little more success for the sort of bands that are here every year touring their asses of to little or no recognition. You don't need to sell as many copies as RATM have in this attempt to get to number one on a normal week. It wouldn't be for any other reason other than to give some hard working bands some time in the sun. Personally i'd love to see (for example) Beer by Reel Big Fish get to number 1 and see themget some much deserved airplay (they're back here every year on tour, sometimes twice)

Id also quite like to see

All My Best Friends are Metalheads - Less than Jake

Ohio (come back to texas) - Bowling for Soup

The Idiots are Taking Over - NOFX

(Tried to keep them radio friendly)

What songs would you like to see get a belated number 1?

The main reason I don't like this campaign is because I know that half my friends that have joined the Facebook group have watched Xfactor at some point. I have watched whole episodes of Xfactor before with them, and enjoyed it! So I can't complain about Xfactor, and I can't complain about the charts being crap either because I don't give a f**k what's at number one.

Having said that, it will be funny if Rage get to number one, just because the media will make such a big deal of it. Then after about 10 minutes of listening to various opinions on this sensation, I will be bored and wish it had never happened.