Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that appeals to me, I like having the feel of a festival whilst knowing you're in a city! I'm recruiting friends to go. It sounds like the crowd is an interesting mix. If I could find some people to have an Irish jig with, I would be impressed haha. As for the herbal side of it, I'm not into that but it was interesting at Summer Sundae in Leicester last year you didn't even get searched. That's trusting right there! Maybe at the end of the day when people were strewn over the grass passed out they thought "Hmm...maybe we should have been a little more strict!"

You are allowed a small bottle of water (I took a camelbak in) but no alcohol. They did confiscate a few people's 2 litre coke bottles which looked suspiciously like vodka mix though.

Unfortunately this year I shall be going on my todd after the group I had all sorted couldn't wait for the line-up and booked holidays instead or were seeing Macca at IoW and were hacked off waiting for Stevie to be announced. But I shall still have the same incredible time no doubt!

I found this http://2009.hardrockcalling.co.uk/attracti...tions.aspx.html

some food and rink prices from last year. not too bad I suppose although, seeing as a mineral water is £2, i'm guessing it'll be about £4 a for a pint.....actually, just checked again. £3.50. I suppose it'll have increased this year though. Its about that much for a bottle of gaymers in the pub I work in anyway

Edited by kaytee...

If the weather makes its mind up I reckon hyde park will be an amazing venue. I like the idea of being able to sit in the sun in a park all day listening to music :P

I've never been to a gig there before but I won golden circle tickets for Live 8 there but we only found out the day before so didn't end up going, me and me dad were gutted when we found out Pink Floyd were playing :P

Last year was great; although it was apparently very rainy on the Friday, but I never went to that.

On the Saturday, it was threatening to rain the whole day - including the coolest lightning bolts I have ever seen in my life all around the park. It truly was an electric atmosphere heading into Neil. By the time he finished, it was a beautiful summers evening, and Greensleeves coming out over the speakers just made the night feel special...

On the Sunday, it was a really warm day, and Bruce on a summer's night was just perfection. I still get chills thinking about the crowd singing the refrain from "Badlands" for quite a long time after he had left the stage...

This year has the potential to be epic in every respect:

- Rawk n' Roll on the Friday - with some potential collaborations, I bet!

- Summer's eve party with Stevie on the Saturday, Hyde Park shakin' all night long!

- Closing off with some of the world's most famous songs from undoubtedly one of the biggest legends of music of all time. This one will be emotional for many, I bet.

What songs is everyone looking forward to hearing on the nights they are going? For me:

- Friday - literally anything. No point in crossing my fingers, it's my first PJ show, so anything at all is new and amazing to me.

- Saturday - As, Living for the City... I could go on, but I'd list almost everything.

- Sunday - Blackbird, All My Loving, I'm Looking Through You, The End... I'm also really hoping he ends with Please, Please Me!

I think i'll be one of those getting emotional when Macca comes to closing his set :P

As long as he plays helter skelter, here today, maybe i'm amazed, something and a day in the life i'll be happy.....along with all the obvious choices too like hey jude, live and let die, yesterday etc.

His set lists are looking so good at the moment and i'd imagine for this one he'll play a few more of the older ones. This most recent one, for me, is brilliant http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartn...o-4bd48f26.html

Up until Slash confirmed Glasto on Sunday I would have put money on him guesting on Live and Let Die with Macca.

To be honest the rain doesn't matter if you get a great band on (trust me the torrential rain during Foo Fighters at V 2007 only added to the occasion and The Verve in 2009 it was quite refreshing having a little drizzle during Sonnet), but last years sunshine over the Sat/Sun made it like one of those lazy days in the park with your mates when you were kids... but instead of a radio or your own instruments you had awesome tunes.

It'll be my first PJ show too...loved them for years and years but never got to see them (initially cos I knew that they wouldn't play any of the songs I wanted, and then when I stopped being so elitist and their albums picked up all the standing tickets were going to fanclub members).

I am hoping for a sunny eve, a good long show, some excellent Harper and Gaslight collaborations - Harper doing slide guitar on Red Mosquito would be excellent (check out the recent Austin City Limits taping of PJ with Harper for that one), and Gaslight cover State of Love and Trust, so it would be wonderful if Brian Fallon came out with PJ for that one. Gaslight will be an ace way to spend an early afternoon too, and hopefully peak my excitement for their headline show the day after!

I'm a massive fan of The Beatles' but in terms of Wings/ McCartney solo I don't really know a lot of his stuff (not sure why as I'm a massive fan of Harrison and Lennon solo stuff).

Anyways, just seen the setlist from Puerto Rico gig - loving the Beatles' songs he played but I'm unfamiliar with the other songs. Better get to HMV and familiarising myself with his solo and Wings stuff!

Also, just seen that he played I've Got A Feeling at that gig. My god, if he played that live then I could die happy - favourite Beatles tune of mine!

Edited by ride111

Hello everyone. I bought my tickets a while ago, waiting for them to be sent now. None of my friends could come with me, so I'm going alone, which kind of worries me. I keep telling myself it's a festival, I could meet people there, right? : ) I just couln't miss Pearl Jam and Macca.

I really really hope The National confirm, they are simply amazing, the new album is perfect in every way.

I'm hoping McCartney will play "We Can Work it Out" as it's my favourite song ever. Seems unlikely though, the recent setlists I've seen haven't included it. I'll be thrilled to hear any Beatles songs though. Like some others on here I have to brush up on his solo/wings work, haven't heard much.

Can't wait, loving Pearl jam's setlist from last night.

Included a Van Halen Cover as well as some great songs like Satan's Bed, I Got I.D and Low Light that don't get played nearly as much as they should.

Just hope this volcano doesn't cause problems and stops bands from getting to the UK.

So HRC have stated on their Facebook page that the Sunday announcement will be before June 1st.

I'm finding it highly amusing some of the peoples' suggestions on HRC's FB page. I think as the announcement is delayed, peoples' expectations rise.

Anyways, whenever the announcement is, I hope it is a good one!

So HRC have stated on their Facebook page that the Sunday announcement will be before June 1st.

I'm finding it highly amusing some of the peoples' suggestions on HRC's FB page. I think as the announcement is delayed, peoples' expectations rise.

Anyways, whenever the announcement is, I hope it is a good one!

Edited by judyblue110