Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newbie question I'm afraid, but I've only just started looking at Hard Rock Calling! I have obviously been living under a rock after seeing the great line-ups! Are there no full weekend tickets available to purchase because I've left it ridiculously late to be interested in going? Thanks :P

Newbie question I'm afraid, but I've only just started looking at Hard Rock Calling! I have obviously been living under a rock after seeing the great line-ups! Are there no full weekend tickets available to purchase because I've left it ridiculously late to be interested in going? Thanks :P

They keep saying very soon. I think Friday and Saturday's line-up is complete but i'm not sure. There are rumours that this is gonna be Paul McCartney's last uk tour date though so maybe that could sway your decision? I wouldn't know what the atmosphere is like though because this will be my first time going :P

I assume its pretty brilliant though

I've watched every live performance possible that they've done probably, just never been there myself :P

They had a poll for fans to decide 3 songs that they'll deffo play from pretty much their whole back catalogue and citizen erased got the most votes so i'm sooo happy I should get to see that live, its my favourite :P

I count myself very lucky getting to see two of my favourite artists ever in one year

Muse are amazing live Kaytee, you won't be disappointed! The atmosphere at their gigs is electric. Plug In Baby is a great song live. When did this suddenly become Muse Board instead of Hard Rock Calling haha? Oh wait... That would be when I mentioned them... :P From people's comments it seems Hard Rock Calling is a more mature festival then, if that's the right word?

I think mature is the wrong word as I am reduced to my teen years of singing along to the tunes regardless of whether I'm in comfort or mudcrawling.

Its more of a gentle introduction to festival going and a bit more relaxed, though it misses out on the after music entertainment you get in campsites (the drinking and random laughs). If camping doesn't appeal then HRC is deffinitely the best festival for you.

It also has great facilities too and you don't get the 2 hours in the car park experience as you just walk out to your hotel or race to the tube (I'd check they're running as if you stay for encores you may miss the last one).

I think mature is the wrong word as I am reduced to my teen years of singing along to the tunes regardless of whether I'm in comfort or mudcrawling.

Its more of a gentle introduction to festival going and a bit more relaxed, though it misses out on the after music entertainment you get in campsites (the drinking and random laughs). If camping doesn't appeal then HRC is deffinitely the best festival for you.

It also has great facilities too and you don't get the 2 hours in the car park experience as you just walk out to your hotel or race to the tube (I'd check they're running as if you stay for encores you may miss the last one).

We could get a Brummie version of all you need is love - 'All yam need is luv, luv, luv is all yam need'

As for coping with a festival - well its like anything try it once, especially Glasto (but it will spoil every other festival you go to as all the others seem smaller and not as epic). I thoroughly recommend festivals for the music and the entertainment as they give you that something extra over just a gig (especially if you're paying O2 prices to see one act).

Edited by staffsknot

Haha Brummie Beatles sounds like a brilliant idea (weird, I was only listening to All You Need Is Love this morning). I've been to a couple of small festivals and I liked how chilled out they were, but one day, one day! When the line-up is unmissable, I'll have to try a big one.

Haha Brummie Beatles sounds like a brilliant idea (weird, I was only listening to All You Need Is Love this morning). I've been to a couple of small festivals and I liked how chilled out they were, but one day, one day! When the line-up is unmissable, I'll have to try a big one.

Thats what i'm worried about :P

The first time I went to London last year, I went to see Beyonce at the o2 and we managed the tube from there to london bridge station but the last one had just left. I was proper panicking but quite a few people missed it so we ended up on a bus back to the hotel only to find if we had walked, it would've took about 5 minutes.

We've booked the same hotel again, near moorgate station, so its quite a few tube stops from hyde park. Knowing me, i'll end up paying for a ridiculous taxi fare back :P