Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

I just bought the new Q issue with the big Paul McCartney interview and its just made me realise that i'm paying to see him so the other acts really don't matter....i'm actually going to see him and it won't sink in til i'm actually there :P

Still wouldn't mind an announcement for sunday like

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems very odd that the tacked on day last year is the only day this year that seems to have had much organisation and thought gone into it. Announced early with a well thought out bill announced in the following weeks. It's the only day that holds a candle to last year.

I think that expectation from last year may be a problem - their 2nd-on-the-bills last year were cracking quality acts that you would either not see at other festivals, or certainly not that high on the bill. Dave Matthews 2nd from the top at V or Reading...never. Fleet Foxes were on early afternoon at Glasto. But they were well placed acts that went with the respective headliner and that the people who HRC is aimed at would want to see regardless of whether they are tearing up the charts.

Whilst Ben Harper isn't on the same level as FF or DM (IMO), it's still the only evidence this year that good thinking is going on when it comes to planning bills. PJ could have put that bill together themselves it's so well suited to them. I am hoping for several collaborations.

"Well...As

mentioned earlier, we're afraid we cannot reveal an exact date for Sunday's line up as yet, but it will be soon. Not what you all want to hear we know, but everything is being finalised in preparation of our public announcement. We promise it will be

worth the wait! Which is in no way an understatement. That'...s as much as we can say for now, we will update all you

patient fans as soon as we have news."

From Hard Rock Calling on their Facebook page.

Seems they had to say something. The people on Facebook appear to becoming very dillusional with the organisers, and who can blame them?

At least finally we're being kept in the loop, and let's hope that this announcement will be worth the wait!

No idea who they've got lined up, all the usual suspects who have been mentioned before on these forums, Keane, Blondie, Wille Nelson, Kasabian are all either got other plans or are playing 2 or 3 gigs on the trot leading up or after Hard Rock Calling so very unlikely.

Them Crooked Vultures are a possibility and free after playing Glastonbury, along with Billy Joel (who you would've thought could possibly headline himself so unlikely) The Eagles are free after completing a short tour in the States but again could possibly headline in their own right. The best thing to do as this is a LiveNation gigs run a search and try and see all possible LiveNation artists.

No idea who they've got lined up, all the usual suspects who have been mentioned before on these forums, Keane, Blondie, Wille Nelson, Kasabian are all either got other plans or are playing 2 or 3 gigs on the trot leading up or after Hard Rock Calling so very unlikely.

Them Crooked Vultures are a possibility and free after playing Glastonbury, along with Billy Joel (who you would've thought could possibly headline himself so unlikely) The Eagles are free after completing a short tour in the States but again could possibly headline in their own right. The best thing to do as this is a LiveNation gigs run a search and try and see all possible LiveNation artists.

Bon Jovi are AEG so it won't be them.

Jack Johnson played his own show at Hyde Park a couple of years ago so unlikely again to be playing.

James, John Mayer and similar sized artists sound about right.

Having said that I am going for all three headliners so anyone else announced is a bonus to me.

Also, whilst they could announce artists earlier I have faith in who they have to announce.

As much as I'd love the Foo's to play (they were so awesome at V) I can't see it happening. No other 2010 dates announced, TCV still going strong and going in to the studio in September apparently.

Anyways, we can hope!

Bon Jovi, John Mayer and Jay-Z have the 27th free and I believe they're linked with livenation.

Anyways, enough guessing from me. I'll just have to be patient and wait to see who HRC announce :lol:

"Well...As

mentioned earlier, we're afraid we cannot reveal an exact date for Sunday's line up as yet, but it will be soon. Not what you all want to hear we know, but everything is being finalised in preparation of our public announcement. We promise it will be

worth the wait! Which is in no way an understatement. That'...s as much as we can say for now, we will update all you

patient fans as soon as we have news."

From Hard Rock Calling on their Facebook page.

Seems they had to say something. The people on Facebook appear to becoming very dillusional with the organisers, and who can blame them?

At least finally we're being kept in the loop, and let's hope that this announcement will be worth the wait!

Edited by user941

And your all forgetting that Yoko would want to be in on it too... shudder

Lets face it on the off chance they read this then ring some of the following and get them booked!

Foo Fighters/Them Crooked Vultures/Queens Of The Stone Age/Taylor Hawkins & Coattail Riders/ All of them, Brian May, Ray Davies, The Who, Stereophonics, Bryan Adams, KT Tunstall, Newton Faulkner, Lenny Kravitz, Florence & The Machine, Blondie, Iggy & The Stooges, Soundgarden, Hole (she sold Macca her house!), Muse, Madness, Gary Numan, Joan Jett, Juliette Lewis, Rolling Stones, New York Dolls, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Seasick Steve, Derek Trucks, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi.

Get any of that lot (but mainly the Foos / anything involving Dave Grohl) and I guarantee a fantastic evening for all even if we have a thunderstorm - you'd still hear the drums :P

Strong words from a man called Judy :P

I have eclectic tastes, yes I'm going to Download and yes I like Newton Faulkner (being as I teach guitar and the man is a genius).

Stereophonics have some brilliant tunes and are good for festivals, Bryan Adams is underrated (listen to anything besides Everything I Do and you have a great classic rock / 80s vibe - see Summer of '69 / Run To You), Florence ATM is great for festivals and Yeah Yeah Yeahs put on one hell of a show. All of them would suit a Hyde Park gig and at the festivals I've seen them at they got everyone going.

I happen to be open minded enough to enjoy everything from Metallica to Johnny Cash - this year I'm doing Download, Hard Rock Calling, Hop Farm and V Festival so go figure.

Oh and shh I own some Coldplay albums ;-)

Edited by staffsknot

Strong words from a man called Judy :P

I have eclectic tastes, yes I'm going to Download and yes I like Newton Faulkner (being as I teach guitar and the man is a genius).

Stereophonics have some brilliant tunes and are good for festivals, Bryan Adams is underrated (listen to anything besides Everything I Do and you have a great classic rock / 80s vibe - see Summer of '69 / Run To You), Florence ATM is great for festivals and Yeah Yeah Yeahs put on one hell of a show. All of them would suit a Hyde Park gig and at the festivals I've seen them at they got everyone going.

I happen to be open minded enough to enjoy everything from Metallica to Johnny Cash - this year I'm doing Download, Hard Rock Calling, Hop Farm and V Festival so go figure.

Oh and shh I own some Coldplay albums ;-)

Agreed I enjoy seeing people who aren't plastered over every festival but JK has done loads over the years! Was only yanking your chain mate I like all the bands and reckon you're pretty sound from what I've seen (except for the Status Quo but we all have guilty pleasures)

Seriously though you can't say I want someone not on NME as that would rule out Dave Grohl and he's a must - Everlong acoustic is the greatest festival song ever (as per Skin & Bones) - and the non-acoustic is awesome too.

As for Bryan Adams I'm a child of the '80s what can I say, awesome live performances though.

Agreed I enjoy seeing people who aren't plastered over every festival but JK has done loads over the years! Was only yanking your chain mate I like all the bands and reckon you're pretty sound from what I've seen (except for the Status Quo but we all have guilty pleasures)

Seriously though you can't say I want someone not on NME as that would rule out Dave Grohl and he's a must - Everlong acoustic is the greatest festival song ever (as per Skin & Bones) - and the non-acoustic is awesome too.

As for Bryan Adams I'm a child of the '80s what can I say, awesome live performances though.