Dragon Feild camping.

Guest BlackHole2006

Hey Guys,

Me and my mate are planning on camping at the dragon feilds next year (we'll end up at the Family Feilds but it's only thinking). And I was just wandering how noisy it get's at night, because I really like my sleep and it's right near shangri la and I know that's quite a noisy place but is it that bad?

Hey Guys,

Me and my mate are planning on camping at the dragon feilds next year (we'll end up at the Family Feilds but it's only thinking). And I was just wandering how noisy it get's at night, because I really like my sleep and it's right near shangri la and I know that's quite a noisy place but is it that bad?

We used to camp in Williams (have a Caravan now) which is next to Dragons and loved it and were not kept awake with the noise. If you are you can't have consumed enough alcohol! :P

Need to be there by Wednesday lunchtime though as these are very busy fields!

Before I went this year I did read up on the camping areas and thought Pennards would be a fair spot - close enough to the action but far enough away to get some sleep. Then when we got there it was packed and we ended up in the Dairy Ground - which was great and we had some really nice friendly neighbours.

BUT, for me the camping area means little. We ended up only being there as a base to sleep in. Never hung out round camp, always went to various places to eat/drink and spent every waking moment wandering or watching something or chatting to people. If I was spending lots of time round the camp, be it eating, drinking or chatting etc. I'd always feel like I was missing out and wasting time when I could be in the Circus tent, bar, Arcadia, venues, whatever.

I think therefore that for camping next time it will be case of just looking for some flattish ground close enough to the action to save long walks but close enough to the entrance/exit to save time. Not really bothered which field it is.

From reading stuff on here, it's clear that a lot of people do care deeply about where they camp and I can't fathom why. Am I missing something?

Before I went this year I did read up on the camping areas and thought Pennards would be a fair spot - close enough to the action but far enough away to get some sleep. Then when we got there it was packed and we ended up in the Dairy Ground - which was great and we had some really nice friendly neighbours.

BUT, for me the camping area means little. We ended up only being there as a base to sleep in. Never hung out round camp, always went to various places to eat/drink and spent every waking moment wandering or watching something or chatting to people. If I was spending lots of time round the camp, be it eating, drinking or chatting etc. I'd always feel like I was missing out and wasting time when I could be in the Circus tent, bar, Arcadia, venues, whatever.

I think therefore that for camping next time it will be case of just looking for some flattish ground close enough to the action to save long walks but close enough to the entrance/exit to save time. Not really bothered which field it is.

From reading stuff on here, it's clear that a lot of people do care deeply about where they camp and I can't fathom why. Am I missing something?

This year they had climate camp there for the first time. Normally the sound not to bad at the Dragon's...

Not against what they stand for, I hope there not there next year, there's not much room as it is...

Edited by jamiejc

I loved being near the Greenfields for our breakfast starter of fruit salad from the organic fruit stall then wander away from there and find the next course which would consist of bacon, eggs and sausage - yum!! Miss this now we are in the caravan field, I now end up cooking breakfast but well worth it as I enjoy the other creature comforts!

If I'm honest I didn't get to the Greenfields much this year. It's probably the one area I didn;t manage to spend any length of time in, yet many of you lot seem to swear by it for the food and a chill out. Am I right in this assumption? Should I try to get involved in the grub and experiences on offer next year?

I've been in Dragon and Williams for the last few years. The Arcadia rig was shaking the ground! :P It was quite noisy there this year, but doesn't prevent me sleeping, but I do know some people who found it a little too much. There were also some very strange noises coming from Club Dada in the early hours.

I've no idea where I'm camping in 2010, probably the same place, but it all depends on the day. If you get stuck in a queue, you can be too late - I won't allow myself to get stressed, so will just camp elsewhere. As others have said, at the end of the day it doesn't make too much difference; although I love getting breakfast in the Greenfields.

If I'm honest I didn't get to the Greenfields much this year. It's probably the one area I didn;t manage to spend any length of time in, yet many of you lot seem to swear by it for the food and a chill out. Am I right in this assumption? Should I try to get involved in the grub and experiences on offer next year?
Edited by StoneCircle

OK guys, you've sold it to me. Must make a point of properly exploring the area next year.

Actually, come Saturday this year I would have killed for a fruit salad and some of the stuff in the markets looked a tad ropey. Think I can see a rough plan forming......