Weezer

Guest RichieSpenno

Something Noel Gallagher/Jay-Zish about that statement...

:( - I guess you're right.

That's not quite what I meant tho. Where I'm coming from is that most of the suggestions people are making just now are very much the sorts of acts you'd definitely expect to see at Reading (or even Download - Glastonbury traditionally doesn't have much rock & metal, and there's been lots of posts for metal too).

It's not that I'm thinking any particular band isn't entitled to play at Glastonbury, it's the proportion of Reading-type acts that are being suggested (and all very obvious ones too - c'mon, at least be a little more imaginative :P).

The beauty to me of Glastonbury is its diversity, and if the current suggestions being made on these forums was followed thru on on a proportional basis, it would lose that in a big way and would be musically far nearer to Reading than the Glastonbury we're used to.

So I'd like to think I'm not being Noel-styleeee narrow minded. But do feel free to disagree. :(

:( - I guess you're right.

That's not quite what I meant tho. Where I'm coming from is that most of the suggestions people are making just now are very much the sorts of acts you'd definitely expect to see at Reading (or even Download - Glastonbury traditionally doesn't have much rock & metal, and there's been lots of posts for metal too).

It's not that I'm thinking any particular band isn't entitled to play at Glastonbury, it's the proportion of Reading-type acts that are being suggested (and all very obvious ones too - c'mon, at least be a little more imaginative :P).

The beauty to me of Glastonbury is its diversity, and if the current suggestions being made on these forums was followed thru on on a proportional basis, it would lose that in a big way and would be musically far nearer to Reading than the Glastonbury we're used to.

So I'd like to think I'm not being Noel-styleeee narrow minded. But do feel free to disagree. :(

Pretty sure Weezer played in 95 the first year I was there. I vaguely remember them playing mid afternoon on the Other Stage (or was it the NME stage back then?). I'm sure they clashed with Jamiroquai and there was only a smattering of people there (I'm not sure why I ws there to be honest).

Everyone looked bored to tears by them until they played 'Buddy Holly' and then everyone suddenly woke up.

Pretty sure Weezer played in 95 the first year I was there. I vaguely remember them playing mid afternoon on the Other Stage (or was it the NME stage back then?). I'm sure they clashed with Jamiroquai and there was only a smattering of people there (I'm not sure why I ws there to be honest).

Everyone looked bored to tears by them until they played 'Buddy Holly' and then everyone suddenly woke up.