Travel to Glasto From Glasgow

Guest evilhasnever

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just priced National Express - Glasgow to Glasto - £95pp return.

Leaves Glasgow 1am Wednesday down for 10.40am

Way back up leaves Glasto at 8.40am up for 7pm in Glasgow

Theres a special deal apparently this is using last years prices - the deal is up to end of Oct then i presume the price will go up a wee bit.

Efestivals has put a link at the top of the Chat forum.

if theres enough of you, 8 for example .........hire a transit between the 8 of you, 5 go in a car, all the gear in the transit.

the van gets closer parking so less walking with gear.

this is what I have worked out for next year

the van hire for a week is between £200 - £250 + £160 diesel

own car + £100 diesel

£510 / 8 = £64 each, there and back

means you can take sack trucks, cooking equip, gazebo, food and the all important drink.

Did it run last year Nicky? Not sure.

I just get National Express. Leaves Edinburgh then picks up at Glasgow as well. Overnight travel so you get a sleep and get there first thing Thursday morning. There are other buses on the Tuesday thou I think from NE.

Last year myself, mynameisearl and Glitter & Vodka flew with easyjet to Bristol on the Tues and went round Bristol for a few hours before heading to a travel lodge/ inn at Taunton. Think we were about £60 for the return flights each, £9 return on bus from airport to Bristol. Can't remember what we were from Bristol to Taunton but it wasn't much though.

We bought our booze and food down in Taunton and packed a car (the rest of our group drove down in the 1 car). Next morning myself, G&V and another member of our group took public transport to Glastonbury town and tried to get a shuttle bus from there. It was a bit of a chaos though as folk just chucked their bags and stuff onto a bus then hoped they got on. We almost ended up walking the few miles to the festival it was that bad- luckily we got a lift from a kind stranger. I'd advise folk to try get a shuttle bus from Bristol where it'll prob be a bit more organised tbh.

Really enjoyed flying down this year and would have no hesitation doing it again. Was a bit worried about the weight for checking in but our bags ranged between 13Kg and 17Kg (easyjet limit is 20Kg)- obviously we didnt have our tents with us though.

For next year, I'm driving down as the group has increased numbers. Just makes things easier on the Wed morning ;)

Edited by parTy animal

Last year myself, mynameisearl and Glitter & Vodka flew with easyjet to Bristol on the Tues and went round Bristol for a few hours before heading to a travel lodge/ inn at Taunton. Think we were about £60 for the return flights each, £9 return on bus from airport to Bristol. Can't remember what we were from Bristol to Taunton but it wasn't much though.

We bought our booze and food down in Taunton and packed a car (the rest of our group drove down in the 1 car). Next morning myself, G&V and another member of our group took public transport to Glastonbury town and tried to get a shuttle bus from there. It was a bit of a chaos though as folk just chucked their bags and stuff onto a bus then hoped they got on. We almost ended up walking the few miles to the festival it was that bad- luckily we got a lift from a kind stranger. I'd advise folk to try get a shuttle bus from Bristol where it'll prob be a bit more organised tbh.

Really enjoyed flying down this year and would have no hesitation doing it again. Was a bit worried about the weight for checking in but our bags ranged between 13Kg and 17Kg (easyjet limit is 20Kg)- obviously we didnt have our tents with us though.

For next year, I'm driving down as the group has increased numbers. Just makes things easier on the Wed morning :)

As for flying and trains etc, I did this before for V festival and see on the monday morning with the bus, you just turn up, fling your stuff on it, sleep and then wake up in glasgow. With trains we had changes and trying to fit our bags at our feet and it was just knackering. Minimal changes and stuff are the way forward.

Mind you, spaces on the rainbow bus are limited so I should probably be discouraging everyone else from it until im booked ;)

• 4 weeks later...