wristband troubles

Guest paulomas

so ive heard a few horror stories from friends about people cutting other peoples wristbands off when they're asleep, and doing other lame things so people lose their bands.

i know the chances of this happening are slim, but has it happened to anyone before?

im thinking of taking a copy of my seetickets confirmation email with me just incase, as apparently if it does happen and you can prove you bought a ticket, they re-band you?

thanks

so ive heard a few horror stories from friends about people cutting other peoples wristbands off when they're asleep, and doing other lame things so people lose their bands.

i know the chances of this happening are slim, but has it happened to anyone before?

im thinking of taking a copy of my seetickets confirmation email with me just incase, as apparently if it does happen and you can prove you bought a ticket, they re-band you?

thanks

Dunno about Reading but I worked at T this year and we had reports of people being mugged and their wristbands cut off. So I guess it happens but I dont think it occurs often enough for you to worry. I very much doubt they would give you another band even if you did have an email printed off

Best thing to do if you are worried about loosing your wristband by it either breaking or getting robbed etc

• Keep hold of your confirmation email and ticket receipt and proof of ID of who purchased it if possible

• Take note of the day/time and sex of the person who put it on you

• Take a photo with your camera/phone of the number on the wristband and one with you with it on next to your face

• Get someone to take a photo of you in the arena if possible

I am currently (and have constantly been) wearing my Reading 2006, 2007 and 2008 wristbands. None have ever been cut, tamped or mugged. This is the first time in 3 years i have heard of this being mentioned. During the festival i am one of the first in the mosh pit, i normally make our camp fire, i go to gigs after the festival, i get drunk, ive also been hospitalised for 4 days and had x-rays and CAT scans done. with all that in mind I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY OF THE BANDS OFF MY WRIST!

Short story being, they ARE durable, and ive never known of deliberate damage from others.

I've seen plenty snapped wristbands and incorrectly attached ones to know that people can misplace them or loose them.

They will replace them if lost, but be prepared with the advise I gave earlier when you get questioned by the wristband exchange staff :rolleyes:

A while ago now but it does happen, i think it was 1999 , 2 of my mates had passed out outside early hours of the morning and later in the day one noticed that his wrist band had gone, the other one checked and his had gone too, this one remembered waking up and seeing someone next to him walk off, but thought nothing of it presumed it was someone passing through. They did manage to get new wrist bands after reporting it to the police, one had his receipt the other didn't but used another of our groups receipts to prove they had bought one.

Bearing in mind this was 1999 so wristbands were different to the ones you have now, whether you would be successful on getting a new one if it did happen, i don't know. Also this is the only time that i know of it happening to someone I was with or even met at any of the Readings i've been to.

Paul's advice does seem pretty good for anyone worried about losing or having their writbands stolen. The other one would be try not to get too drunk that you pass out, try and make it to your tent first.

It won't happen. But if you don't trust me, take Paul's advice.

If it's forcibly taken I'd suggest you go to the on-site police station as well. The old bill won't do anything, but you'll get a crime reference number, which will help you far more than a photo of a wristband you might have taken off and given to someone else.

I am currently (and have constantly been) wearing my Reading 2006, 2007 and 2008 wristbands. None have ever been cut, tamped or mugged. This is the first time in 3 years i have heard of this being mentioned. During the festival i am one of the first in the mosh pit, i normally make our camp fire, i go to gigs after the festival, i get drunk, ive also been hospitalised for 4 days and had x-rays and CAT scans done. with all that in mind I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY OF THE BANDS OFF MY WRIST!

Short story being, they ARE durable, and ive never known of deliberate damage from others.