4th headliner ?

Guest airds

You said it was a band of equal stature to this year's headliners

I don't think I said quite that did I? Wasn't it more along the lines of "no one could doubt they're headliner material".

Were Coldplay rumoured around the time of the whole 4th headliner thing? Yes.

but as I say, Coldplay are rumoured every year. So you really can't take anything from the fact they were rumoured, or the fact that they were removed as rumour when efests ran the "no 4th headliner" story - after all, if there was no 4th headliner, then Coldplay couldn't possibly be playing (outside of a surprise set I guess). There were a few other acts removed from the efests rumours on the same basis at the same time.

Were the rumours more than the average "Coldplay might play next year"? Yes, lots of people claimed to have inside info of the three headliners this year + Coldplay. You yourself admitted that the rumours wouldn't go away.

yep, but there's always claims from "people in the know" (who rarely are!) that so-and-so is playing, yet 99% of the time they turn out to be bollox. If you think the fact that people claiming to know they were playing helps pin down who it was then you're on the wrong track.

So unless you deny right now that it is Coldplay, then it was Coldplay. If it wasnt them then you may as well say it wasnt because no one will work out who it is anyway.

I ain't gonna deny it. But if you want to think it was Coldplay, you go right ahead. :lol:

Yes Coldplay are rumoured every year, as in "I'm sure Coldplay will play next year, it just feels right/they have an album out/its been a while since the last time/etc". However "I've just spoken to (insert person) and they say Coldplay are headlining." is not the same, and if multiple people say this then there is a huge likelihood there is some reason they have said it. I can see your point, but I don't think its valid in this case.

except .... just think of the number of times that people have said just the same thing about Radiohead/U2/Prince/Dolly Parton/any random band [delete as applicable] each and every year and been wrong.

Just because "someone told me" doesn't mean that what was said was true. And it clearly wasn't.

Nice try, but you don't really fool me like that.

except I clearly have. <_<:lol::O

I think it was Coldplay, they just seem to fit in many ways, eg always good to come to G with new album for the TV publicity. Haven't played G for a few years. Would have been good, but difficult to see where they could have fitted into the lineup, could not have been dumped on Other stage.

I think that is what maybe scuppered the deal, as I said a long time ago (and got blasted for it) how can you have 4 headliners on one stage over 3 nights, it don't fit.