MICHAEL JACKSON

Guest mike99

At the Groovy Movie Cinema at around 12:30 am. Hattie Hatstar was performing, and she was just about to do a Michael Jackson joke when half the audience shouted "He's dead!" She didn't believe it and thought it was a wind-up or some Glastonbury rumour. I eventually believed it to be true considering how many people were saying it was true. The next morning I got the Guardian and saw it confirmed

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was walking out of the Dance field and some girls were singing a song with the lyrics of 'michael jackson's dead, michael jackson's dead' then we checked it out via wappity wap back at the CT gazebo!

Was at with halfpint and others when i heard...

I was in the bar just down from the Stonebridge Bar in The Park. Was having a fantastic night in the Baggy Mondays Madchester music at Stonebridge but the bar was far too busy so I went to the one just down the hill. Some bloke said "Jacko's dead!" and assuming it was a glasto rumour I replied "so's rod stewart!" since he dies every year.

Got back to Stonebridge with the drinks and by brother got a text from my other brother saying jacko's dead... I was baffled as to how a Glastonbury rumour had got out to the public....

Tried getting on the bbc website on our phones but couldn't get onto it. Later I read that the world wide web nearly collapsed under the surge of people going online. Not a search engine, or a particular website, but the entire world wide web!! No wonder we couldnt get on the bbc site!

Sitting at the stone circle Thursday night and heard a few people mention it - then wandering back all the way to Wicket ground and kept hearing people kinda mention it on the way past - got back to the tent, and 'googled' it on the phone and confirmed it - very surreal indeed !

• 2 months later...

I was clubbing down the Brothers Bar !

Did not believe a word of it , and even when I was sat chilling for about an hour on the grass

and everyone who went passed me kept telling me , I still did not believe it.

Then the Brothers DJ did three MJ tracks in a row

I still did not believe it.

Only when I rung my girlfriend the following lunchtime did I accept he was dead.

But tbh , I could not care less

I'd be very interested to hear the evidence you have that the rest of the world hasn't seen.

I'll happily eat my hat if you can prove that Jacko was a paedophile but some of the worlds best lawyers failed to do so, so I'll just carry on assuming you know nothing and you're just spouting horseshit.

Prove me wrong, if you can.

:rolleyes: ... well it wasn't that much of surprise to be honest

I remember after returning home after Glastonbury, and seeing the footage saying how devesatated Glastonbury was at the news... BOLLOCKS! it made barely any difference at all

I just thought thank god I'd escaped the immediate media madness that would have been going on

We were in the jazz field drinking brothers and i turned my phone on and had a text from a mate.

My friend hs been to glasto 6years in a row and she was like "pfft every year at glasto people claim someones dead! last year it was the queen".

Then others in our group got texts and on the way back to the tent we asked at the internet tent and the guy confirmed that it was on bbc news.

On our way to The Brothers Bar. We all thought it was a rumour, then as we got to the bar and got our pints they played a few songs all in a row. I got confirmation from a friend from home who text it me randomly (without me asking her) and so we had a drink and a dance to celebrate his life. It was pretty emotional actually.

I was on the field opposite the Pyramid stage, huddled around a little bonfire when some random bloke approached us, I thought he was joking until we heard whispers from passers by.

It was probably the most surreal experience I've had at Glasto.

The next day it was going around camp "Have you heard the news, Michael Barrymore's dead" lol