Best Memory

Guest mistertibbs

Hello

There has been a fair bit of moaning on some threads (me included) but all in all I had such a brilliant time, I thought it would be good for people to share their best experience of this year. The one thing that when you're talking to the grandkids in the distant future and you'd say, I remember x about Glasto 2009 and it was ace!

Me? Well, like everyone I have so many good memories, but the stand out one was standing in Arcadia, Saturday night dancing my nut off! I'm not a dancer, I'm more of a head bobber, but the atmosphere was so good in there it was infectious. The DJ up in the structure playing some really happy music! Then some white leather clad nurses wondered in on the stilty leg things looking so serene, surreal and sexy it blew my tiny mind!

What a fantastic experience, what a fantastic festival!

One that stands out and makes me laugh my tits off every time is Zane Lowe's set on Thursday in the BBC tent in the Park. He dropped in some Rage Against the Machine and the tent went mental (including us). My mate Matt was pogoing like crazy and grabbed a frightened Emo looking teenager by his ears and started screaming the lyrics into his face. The guy looked scared shitless and I collapsed in laughter.

Ray Davies (with an 'e'....Sorry)

Went on a whim from Neil Young and enjoyed one of the best gigs, I've ever seen.

Not really a Kinks fan...(not my era), but what a sensational evening in the Acoustic Tent.

My 6-year-old son had a ball, singing to some of his songs that are regularly aired on CBeebies

and a more elderly couple, not too far from us, hollering out every lyric in golden glee.

Lost count of the encores and the crowd continuing 'Lola' long after Ray had departed.

so many amazing memories, but if i had to choose one then i guess it would have to be friday night in some place in arcadia. i was the highest i had ever been in my night with a load of friends, some old, some brand new. the DJ started playing 'think' by aretha franklin. the singalong to "freedom, freeedom, freeedoooom, freeedoooommmm" was the most euphoric and perfect moment of my life.

there were so many others, but that was definately the best night of my life.

Ray Davies (with an 'e'....Sorry)

Went on a whim from Neil Young and enjoyed one of the best gigs, I've ever seen.

Not really a Kinks fan...(not my era), but what a sensational evening in the Acoustic Tent.

My 6-year-old son had a ball, singing to some of his songs that are regularly aired on CBeebies

and a more elderly couple, not too far from us, hollering out every lyric in golden glee.

Lost count of the encores and the crowd continuing 'Lola' long after Ray had departed.

so many amazing memories, but if i had to choose one then i guess it would have to be friday night in some place in arcadia. i was the highest i had ever been in my night with a load of friends, some old, some brand new. the DJ started playing 'think' by aretha franklin. the singalong to "freedom, freeedom, freeedoooom, freeedoooommmm" was the most euphoric and perfect moment of my life.

there were so many others, but that was definately the best night of my life.

There were a couple of things for me

sitting outside my tent on my own on thursday with a beer and cigarette around 6 pm just after I had set up camp with a few drops of rain.

meeting up with some folks for a drink and a chat that I met last year and returning their hat that one of my party from last year had borrowed and not returned

Watching my mate and his band performing the Wicker Man soundtrack on the Park Stage on Saturday and during the show we did our best to join in by creating our own Wicker Man and trying to set fire to it at the end of their show.

This is my clang bit!

Watching my other mate perform on the Other Stage second from the top on Saturday. A few friends were there and we watched in awe is they ruled the crowd. When I caught up wit hhim on Sunday he still had a massive grin on his face.

Edited by raw-edge

"The Universal" - I was soooo tired and happy.. and sad that it was all coming to an end.. it was a beautiful song to close a beautiful festival.

Other best memories.. sitting up on flagtopia admiring the stunning view.. and just about every other second of the festival.. it was an amazing glastonbury :)