How does this years Glasto compare to previous years?

Guest godders1966

2009 was my first Glastonbury festival and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ve been to other festivals for years but this was my first time here.

Although the line-up wasn’t great, in my opinion, I really made the most of it and saw loads of bands and different types of music that I wouldn’t normally see and was very impressed with it all. On the whole it was much more interesting than other festivals.

So I’m really surprised to read loads of threads today on this forum complaining about Glastonbury. Was it worst than previous years or do you always get loads moaning after every year?

I’m looking for the opinions of seasoned glasto goers who have seen it over a number of years. How does it really compare to previous years?

Thanks.

My best since my first in 1992. Vibe, mix and general happiness around made a great festival. :D

Last year I would have been internally acknowledging to myself that it's changed, but I think this year the atmosphere was back how it was when I first went. Absolutely fantastic. :D

I wonder if the October ticket sale date helps create more of a mix of peeps...

despite going with a complete f**kwit....i had the best time ever....

if a guy called andre...and his friends who camped in the park near us are around here a huge hello even though i rarely seen u, you were my favourite neighbours..

and the scottish fellas on the 10 hour coach trip to glasto cheers for humour...

That's a bit better. Everyone who replied to this thread said it was their best or almost their best ever Glasto.

I'm assuming the moaning threads weren't representative of the majority. I guess there will always be some people that'll complain about something.

Here's looking forward to next year then :O

So I’m really surprised to read loads of threads today on this forum complaining about Glastonbury. Was it worst than previous years or do you always get loads moaning after every year?

I’m looking for the opinions of seasoned glasto goers who have seen it over a number of years. How does it really compare to previous years?

Thanks.

Best since 2003 I reckon, but that being my first I don't think it will ever be beaten.

There is nothing like the feeling when you arrive on site for the very first time and it really dawns on you how enourmous and amazing the festival is. I'm almost jealous of the people who have not yet been!

This was my best one yet.

2005 was my first and I spent far too much time fretting trying to get from stage to stage to see as many bands as possible.

2007 seemed to drizzle most of the weekend.

2008 was great,

2009 I saw less bands than ever and enjoyed it far more, didn't do my usual thing when I'm leaving thinking I should have spent more time here or there, aside from Friday morning and late Sunday night weather was perfect (maybe too hot!)

Can't wait until 2010! (Though I'm off to Bestival in September before that!)

That's a bit better. Everyone who replied to this thread said it was their best or almost their best ever Glasto.

I'm assuming the moaning threads weren't representative of the majority. I guess there will always be some people that'll complain about something.

Here's looking forward to next year then :O